How do I delete my EA Answers HQ account?

by KingOfPotatoes8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I delete my EA Answers HQ account?

★★★ Newbie

I never made this account and all of a sudden I got an email from Answer HQ, though I don't know why. I have an EA account, but I do not want an account such as this and I have no clue how to get rid of it without getting rid of my EA account. Please help me. I am oblivious as to how this account was created and I do not desire to have it. 

Message 1 of 25 (11,605 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I delete my EA Answers HQ account?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi there @KingOfPotatoes8,

Is this your primary EA Account?

Your Answer HQ account is also your EA Account. Removing your Answer HQ account, also removes your EA Account & Origin. The reason to why you may have received an email from first place, might been that someone has invited you to join Answer HQ community. It could also been a recommendation from EA.

If you don't want to receive any further emails from Answer HQ, simply unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Cheers,

Timmie.

View in thread

Message 4 of 25 (12,937 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@KingOfPotatoes8 I'm fairly sure it's just the same account. EA Answers is just a feature of your EA account; a forum you can ask support questions on.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 25 (11,544 Views)

★ Guide

Ea (origin) and answer hq are the same accounts.

Message 3 of 25 (11,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi there @KingOfPotatoes8,

Is this your primary EA Account?

Your Answer HQ account is also your EA Account. Removing your Answer HQ account, also removes your EA Account & Origin. The reason to why you may have received an email from first place, might been that someone has invited you to join Answer HQ community. It could also been a recommendation from EA.

If you don't want to receive any further emails from Answer HQ, simply unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Cheers,

Timmie.

Message 4 of 25 (12,938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, can someone please explain how I managed to use origin for years without this ANNOYING thing bothering me?

And before you claim its the same account, I don't care, its a new profile that represent me against my will. If this is somehow permanent and connected then how come it waited until 16.01.2016 to send me the email saying I now have for the first time ever achieved a status in here for registering my answersHQ account

here is a copy paste from the email I received a few minutes ago: 

Hi bottlebreaker, you just earned a new badge

and then the reason: Joined AHQ. Welcome to the community!

Joined AHQ??

lies and *, I never accepted to this, this was done for me recently without ever checking with me and is obviously not the same as origin as I have had origin for YEARS without ever having this issue.

please fix ASAP.

Message 5 of 25 (11,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, they are not, this account was created for me against my will today, 16.01.2016, I have used my origin account for several years without incident and that excuse there is not good enough

Message 6 of 25 (11,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Then how come my answers HQ account first got created after I opened a link in google?

It checked my cookies and found out I had logged into battlenet earller and simply forced the account onto me without my consent, not even a warning that if I proceed this would happen, they simply stepped out of line and made this account on my behalf without asking.

That is not OK and they are required to fix this.

Message 7 of 25 (11,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is not a good explanation, how come my origin and EA account worked fine before you guys made this optionally account on my behalf without even asking simply because I opened a link in google?

You abuse your position and try to bully people into accepting this account, that is no ok, if you try to tell me that you can't delete this optional part of this then you must be incompetent.

Message 8 of 25 (11,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also, if you actually are that incompetent then create a new account for me, move my games (I don't care about progress, just the games that I paid for) and then delete this old useless account that you ruined.

Message 9 of 25 (11,296 Views)

Community Manager

@bottlebreaker Hello I've sent you a PM, if you check that we can move forward on this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 25 (11,265 Views)