How do I complain to EA?

by Captain_Lump

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I complain to EA?

★★ Novice

I am fuming at this point. I have complained before about this issue. I have been banned...again....by Punkbuster. I have spoken with two advisors both of whom directed me to Punkbuster. It happens each time there is a break when I don't play on BF4. I haven't done anything wrong. I haven't broken any rules. I am paying for something which I cannot access and Origin don't take responsibility. It is their relationship with PB which means I am banned and should be their responsibility to fix it. 

I wanted to complain directly to EA but the information on how to do this doesn't tally with the reality of navigating the help section. I also log on and see a US flag each time, each time I change it to UK and it appears as US flag next time. I mentioned this as a possible ON THE LAST TWO OCCASIONS WHEN  I WAS BANNED. Nothing has been done. Th EA advisors are not capable of resolving the situation, and there is seemingly no recourse to access the sort of help that one needs in order to resolve the problem. EA seem happy to take my money, but not provide a service when required or resolve an issue when it arises. I am really annoyed at the lack of response. Punkbuster ignored me completely. I filled another form out this evening when I was again told it was not EA's problem. Still paying for something I can't use. 

Really frustrated with website's lack of navigable help section and with general response as this is a recurring issue. I am not in breach of Punkbuster regulations, unless insulting the President is in their T&C's. 

Regards,

Lump

Message 1 of 5 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I complain to EA?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Captain_Lump 

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in and you have every right to be upset.

However, like our advisers have stated before, EA cannot overturn PunkBuster bans. The system was developed by Even Balance. They have all the required information about your sanction and only them can remove it from your account. We're unable to help with the dispute.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/punkbuster-bans-and-violations/

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (535 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Captain_Lump 

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in and you have every right to be upset.

However, like our advisers have stated before, EA cannot overturn PunkBuster bans. The system was developed by Even Balance. They have all the required information about your sanction and only them can remove it from your account. We're unable to help with the dispute.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/punkbuster-bans-and-violations/

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (536 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Ataashi,

I believe I have sent three messages now. One which had a reply email address which was not connected to my Origin account, fair enough, one on the 9th I believe, and a further message yesterday. I think 7 days is a sufficient to wait for some sort of response, and yet I have received none. Can I verify with you form which source I am likely to receive an email. Will it be Even Balance, or Punkbuster as I have as yet received no correspondence from either as far as I can see. Is the fact that I seem to be split in terms of my origin between the US and UK (I keep changing the flag and I think editing my info) which is causing an issue? It's not good, is it.I assume they aren't hugely busy at the moment. Some sort of response time eta would help.

Thanks,

Lump.

Message 3 of 5 (478 Views)

★★ Novice

Also I wasn't directed to the following page, which might have helped. I could have at least run the PBR update app before I contacted EB. 

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/battlefield/punkbuster-technical-issues/

Might help if folks knew about that.

Message 4 of 5 (474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have been trying to complain about fifa 20 not working since last update. i have heard nothing how do i get my money back this company is rubbish. 

Message 5 of 5 (344 Views)