Re: How do I check for Origin client updates

by EA_Rtas

Original Post

How do I check for Origin client updates

★★★ Newbie

How do you check for Origin client updates?  The "about" window under the "Help tab shows you which version of Origin you have, but there is no way to check for updates.  I am concerned because during the intitial Origin installation, I didn't not give permission to let the Autoupdater run and install.  I obviously gave permission to Origin to make changes to my computer for it to install, but did not give permission the second time it asked during installation.  I have the box checked to auto update, but will it still work?  I do not feel like un installing and reinstalling Origin.   How can I check if it will download or install updates?

Message 1 of 3 (1,905 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't believe no one has answered this for the past 7 years....

I was wondering the same but because the client checks for updates every time you launch it (just like Discord), you can Quit the client from the taskbar and then re-open it. That's not a perfect fix but oh well....

Now Origin is being replaced by EA Desktop, which I got an invite for today and I'll see if it's better than Origin (can't make it worse tbh haha) Party hat

Message 2 of 3 (1,510 Views)

Community Manager

Considering this thread has been inactive for quite a significant amount of time I'm going to close it off to avoid further necroposting.

Rtas.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,484 Views)