How do I back up the installation files for the game?

by serenity1959

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I back up the installation files for the game?

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing the Sims since the first Sims were released.   I actively play the Sims 2 and 3 now and am considering purchasing the Sims 4.  However, I don't see a way to backup the actual installation files.   I understand that I can download it again later, but that is going to go away at some point.   My computer crashed and I lost content I purchased for the Sims 3.  So, if I am going to invest in the Sims 4, I want the option of keeping a hard copy on a USB key or external drive to have for the day when Origin no longer offers a download of games I have purchased.  So, is there a way I can do this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I back up the installation files for the game?

Community Manager

If you would like a back up of your game files then you can simply copy your Origin game library files to a USB, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\”.

From here you can copy the game files to wherever you wish.

Remember that when you reuse the files you will still need to have Origin installed and an internet connection so as to launch and play your games. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (194 Views)

All Replies

Re: How do I back up the installation files for the game?

Community Manager

If you would like a back up of your game files then you can simply copy your Origin game library files to a USB, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\”.

From here you can copy the game files to wherever you wish.

Remember that when you reuse the files you will still need to have Origin installed and an internet connection so as to launch and play your games. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (195 Views)