How can i deactivate a download

by 1377Mello

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can i deactivate a download

★★★ Newbie

I have purchased 3 extra games for The Sims 4.

These are surpose to be birthday presents for my daugther in MARCH! It has downloaded automatically and is integrated in her present game... HOW can i deactivate the games - so i can surprise her on her birthday :'(

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can i deactivate a download

@1377Mello  There's no way to delay the "arrival" of packs on an Origin account.  Even if you uninstall the packs, Origin will normally try to redownload them.  You can disable packs while playing, but that doesn't always work as it should.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

You could also uninstall the packs and then set Origin to offline mode.  While offline, it shouldn't try to download any packs.  (You can also take the computer offline, and Origin should detect that and put itself in offline mode automatically.)  Be sure to turn off automatic game updates though, so it doesn't start downloading the packs any time you need to be in online mode again.  To reach the setting, hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first tab), scroll down to Client update.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)

All Replies

Re: How can i deactivate a download

@1377Mello  There's no way to delay the "arrival" of packs on an Origin account.  Even if you uninstall the packs, Origin will normally try to redownload them.  You can disable packs while playing, but that doesn't always work as it should.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

You could also uninstall the packs and then set Origin to offline mode.  While offline, it shouldn't try to download any packs.  (You can also take the computer offline, and Origin should detect that and put itself in offline mode automatically.)  Be sure to turn off automatic game updates though, so it doesn't start downloading the packs any time you need to be in online mode again.  To reach the setting, hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first tab), scroll down to Client update.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)