How can I re-install Mass Effect without losing profiles and saved games?

by Ed_Burge

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I re-install Mass Effect without losing profiles and saved games?

★★ Novice

Mass Effect has developed  a number of issues. Slow game loads, and video stopping are among them. I thought I might re-install the game to fix these but how do I do that without losing my saved games and profiles?

Message 1 of 2 (1,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I re-install Mass Effect without losing profiles and saved games?

Community Manager

@Ed_Burge Usually saves and profiles are stored separately and will only be removed if you explicitly choose to do so. 

You might want to make a backup from My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save to be sure, but you should be able to uninstall/reinstall without issue.

If you're using the Origin version of the game you can repair instead of reinstalling. Right-click the game panel to get the option to do this.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,189 Views)

All Replies

Re: How can I re-install Mass Effect without losing profiles and saved games?

Community Manager

@Ed_Burge Usually saves and profiles are stored separately and will only be removed if you explicitly choose to do so. 

You might want to make a backup from My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save to be sure, but you should be able to uninstall/reinstall without issue.

If you're using the Origin version of the game you can repair instead of reinstalling. Right-click the game panel to get the option to do this.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,190 Views)