How can I delete my EA Sports Account?

by Minniti12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I delete my EA Sports Account?

★★★ Newbie

How can I delete my account? EA Support always seems to be unavailable and action can never be taken for this to happen.

Message 1 of 2 (685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I delete my EA Sports Account?

★★★ Guide

Hey @Minniti12 ,

Firstly, I will recommend you to learn the differences between deactivating it, which is temporary and deleting it, which is permanent and GDPR request.

• Deleting an account erases your personal account information from our account and customer services databases. Permanently.
  • Once your account is deleted you’ll lose access to your games, subscriptions, and in-game purchases associated with the account.
  • As a condition of account deletion, EA also requires that you stop any further use of EA products and services.
  • You will no longer get transactional or marketing emails you opted in to.
  • EA can't restore your deleted account or transfer any information, data, or games to a new account.
  • Even when EA delete accounts, they will retain any data EA needs to comply with legal obligations (like paying taxes and enforcing our terms), to ensure the security and integrity of EA systems as well as ensure the rights and freedoms of others (including EA).

RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN FOR CCPA OR GDPR

Account deletion is not the same as asking for your personal data be erased under the EU’s data protection law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or under California’s protection law, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).

To exercise this right, please contact EA support.

If you understood differences, you can contact EA support

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (660 Views)

All Replies

Re: How can I delete my EA Sports Account?

★★★ Guide

Hey @Minniti12 ,

Firstly, I will recommend you to learn the differences between deactivating it, which is temporary and deleting it, which is permanent and GDPR request.

• Deleting an account erases your personal account information from our account and customer services databases. Permanently.
  • Once your account is deleted you’ll lose access to your games, subscriptions, and in-game purchases associated with the account.
  • As a condition of account deletion, EA also requires that you stop any further use of EA products and services.
  • You will no longer get transactional or marketing emails you opted in to.
  • EA can't restore your deleted account or transfer any information, data, or games to a new account.
  • Even when EA delete accounts, they will retain any data EA needs to comply with legal obligations (like paying taxes and enforcing our terms), to ensure the security and integrity of EA systems as well as ensure the rights and freedoms of others (including EA).

RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN FOR CCPA OR GDPR

Account deletion is not the same as asking for your personal data be erased under the EU’s data protection law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or under California’s protection law, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).

To exercise this right, please contact EA support.

If you understood differences, you can contact EA support

Message 2 of 2 (661 Views)