Re: Horrible customer service experience

by udwfb7lxz39

Original Post

Horrible customer service experience

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I no longer have access to my old Email address. Contacted EA support. Gave all info that was asked, verified I am the account owner.

I was able to login to my account with my old Email address, but the password is expired. So cant do anything. 

After spending about an hour in the live chat. I was told ok they are sending my Email address change request to the "email address change request team". 

Is this some sort of joke? There is a team for that? I verified I am the account owner just change the Email address, what's the big deal?

Ok fine. Send it to the Email address change team. 

Then I am told well it may work or it may not work. They don't know.  

What does that even mean? Its just changing one Email address to another Email address. Its not like I'm asking them to rebuild their entire back end Email system. 

I asked how long it will take to have my Email address updated. 

They also do not know but it can take a while I was told. 

Great, "it can take a while" was the time frame I was given. Wonderful answer. 

What kind of service is this? I feel like i just got off a chat with a robot and completely wasted my time. 

Is this a game company or what?

I have an easier time changing my Email address on a government website that actually holds valuable data. 

Its probably easier to join the illuminati then it is to get EA to change an Email address, or just answer any question definitively.   

Above all this. The account is banned. Why? I have no idea. Cant play anything EA online. Checked under the account and it shows no banned data to report. 

I asked if its banned because my password expired. No answer. They have no idea. At this point that's the answer I expected. 

So currently. Cant login to the account because the "email address change team" needs to update my account. 

And cant play anything EA online because the account is banned for unknown reasons.

EA you really need to reevaluate your support platform. This is just really bad. This shows little to no appreciation for customers. One day it will come back to bite you. 

What a joke. 

Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

Re: Horrible customer service experience

★★★★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat.  I completely agree, terrible customer service, if you can even call it that.  No support at all.

My account was hacked and is now banned and EA won't lift the ban so now all my EA games are useless.  I can't play any of them, can't access my saved data, can't play with my friends, nothing.  I have disputed it but you can't actually talk to anyone to find out why there is a ban or how to remove it.  It's actually pretty incredible that in 2022 this is how they treat their customers.  

Message 2 of 2 (201 Views)