Horrible customer experience buying FIFA 2020

by CYLNKCKHS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Horrible customer experience buying FIFA 2020

★★★ Newbie

So today  I decided to buy FIFA 2020. I was trying to buy it through origin client but the origin-client web browser was acting weird and slow so I decided to buy it through website. 

I launched the origin site and I was already logged in somehow than go ahead and bought the FIFA 2020 ultimate version. Than as soon as I bought the name on the account was my wife's instead of me. I  accidentally bought the game my wife's account which she plays Sims on. 

So since we can't be online at the same time to play I wanted to either refund and re-buy the game from my intended account or transfer it. I contacted customer service but even though the terms says you can return the game within 14 days if you have not launched the game or if its within 24 hours but customer service that I contacted kept saying I have launched the game thus he cannot initiate a refund because it does not show up on his end.

He tried to validate if I launched the game or not but he could not validate for some reason.  So I'm stuck with a 45$ purchase and customer service does not help. Really disappointing with this experience I'm not even mentioning I lost hours during this process.

I was trying to find more information about the return process but looks like they don't even bother updating the terms since 2015

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

Message 1 of 2 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Horrible customer experience buying FIFA 2020

Community Manager

Hi there, @CYLNKCKHS.

I'm really sorry for all the frustration. This can be looked into again by the EA Help team. Try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter. They'll let you know if anything can be done. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (615 Views)

All Replies

Re: Horrible customer experience buying FIFA 2020

Community Manager

Hi there, @CYLNKCKHS.

I'm really sorry for all the frustration. This can be looked into again by the EA Help team. Try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter. They'll let you know if anything can be done. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (616 Views)