Re: Hi there, Origin keeps crashing and won't run Sims 4

by Tombetts92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hi there, Origin keeps crashing and won't run Sims 4

★★ Novice

I own the Sims 4 and other packs for it plus I've been an avid fan of the Sims 3 with all the expansions for years now, my main issue that started some months back was that when trying to start the game Origin crashes and the game won't run since that began happening. My boyfriend has formatted and installed windows 7 again, he's uninstalled Origin and cleaned the registry etc a number of times, he's tried the resolution fix but nothing works. If this game does not end up working soon I would want to ask for his money back as he purchased the items for my birthday. The error that comes up is down below, it states Origin has encountered an error...

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: Origin.exe

Application Version: 9.10.1.1501

Application Timestamp: 5622acf3

Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll

Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 524f7ce6

Exception Offset: 000a46bb

Exception Code: c0000417

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 7177

Additional Information 1: 0e9a

Additional Information 2: 0e9a769c42737095dfda2c12d253723b

Additional Information 3: 9753

Additional Information 4: 97538016c3bcde4175ea744a3979b589

Message 1 of 7 (1,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Okay after all of this, ended up fully uninstalling WIndows 7 because tried Windows 10 but it's still a bit buggy. Well after uninstalling Windows 7 and then reinstalling from fresh Origin is working once more, the crash BEX issue as my boyfriend says came about after one of the Windows updates. So taking off Windows fully which is time consuming was a last ditch chance to fix this issue by my boyfriend for me, thankfully it's worked. He tried doing the data exception fix that helps for some BEX issues but Windows 7 did not allow him to add Origin to the programs that get accepted.

So for all those out there struggling with similar issues I truly hope you all get your problems fixed, Sims 4 is working again thanks to my man and it's so fun Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,234 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Nicolene16 

Could you please try the following? Make sure that you have closed down the Origin client (it's not minimized in the tray). After this please download and install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and then try running Origin again.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 7 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply Kristi but unfortunately it does exactly the same crash sigh. I need this to start working asap please please please

Message 3 of 7 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uninstalling and Reinstalling Origin fixed this for me.

Message 4 of 7 (1,122 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the comment but my boyfriend has done that a number of times for me. Even during the Origin uninstall he did point out to me that the same error that won't let Origin start or let me play Sims 4 comes up as an error message during the uninstall of Origin as well. Strangely he said this issue came up during one of the updates but even after redoing everything still so many issues. He's now speaking of installing Windows 10 to see if that doesn't shed light on the error or sort it out totally. Besides myself playing Sims, he himself is also into gaming and plays a lot of games and has decided not to buy anymore games involved with EA for the time been until this is sorted because they all require Origin to run. I just wanna play Sims 4 and get all the add ons I can to have fun is that too much to ask Frown

Message 5 of 7 (1,113 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay after all of this, ended up fully uninstalling WIndows 7 because tried Windows 10 but it's still a bit buggy. Well after uninstalling Windows 7 and then reinstalling from fresh Origin is working once more, the crash BEX issue as my boyfriend says came about after one of the Windows updates. So taking off Windows fully which is time consuming was a last ditch chance to fix this issue by my boyfriend for me, thankfully it's worked. He tried doing the data exception fix that helps for some BEX issues but Windows 7 did not allow him to add Origin to the programs that get accepted.

So for all those out there struggling with similar issues I truly hope you all get your problems fixed, Sims 4 is working again thanks to my man and it's so fun Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

having the exact same problem and error that you did with origin, still can find a solution since i really don't want do have to have to reinstall windows unless it is the ONLY way to fix it.

Message 7 of 7 (1,076 Views)