Hey, i would like to know the date of activation for a cd key i have

by revolverocelot19

Original Post

Hey, i would like to know the date of activation for a cd key i have

★★ Apprentice

I bought a FIFA16 key from "Gamers Outlet". I didn't work. I provided evidence (Me entering the key into Origin and Origin saying that the key was already in use)

When I confronted them, they refused co-operation. Telling me it's not their problem but EA's problem (for some reason, not my words. They sold me a bad key, not EA after all. Well, Gamers Outlet does say they get their keys directly from EA and therefor are foolproof. So, if that's the case, than EA is also responsible for selling a bad key to Gamers Outlet. Offcourse, they could say what they want)

When the clear evidence was enough, they told me this "solution"

All you have to do is simple:
"Hey, i would like to know the date of activation for a cd key i have" That's it.
They will tell you the date and we will be able to proceed with a replacement.

As far as I know from reading other posts. Origin does not provides activation dates, but I still have to ask and receive a reply to prove "Gamers Outlet" that you do not.

Thanks for your time

Message 1 of 2 (992 Views)

Re: Hey, i would like to know the date of activation for a cd key i have

EA DICE Team

Hi @revolverocelot19,

You can check your game-activation date in Origin. Right-click your game, then select Game Details. Here you will find the Added to my library date. However, this won't help you since you are unable to redeem the game.

As for your issue, I am not able to provide you with account information through our forums. For that, please contact a Game Advisor. Please note that a game registration date is account information. Since you will most likely not be able to verify yourself as the owner of the account the game is registered on, they will probably not be able to provide you this information as well.

Spoiler
1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly select in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next'
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Normally we will always refer someone to a retailer if they received a non-working code. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2 (978 Views)