by hel0vesb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give me my money back
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytine
What do you expect to see? Either the game download or my money
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

it’s saying it’s having trouble verifying my card ,but keeps taking a dollar every time i push the button

Message 1 of 3 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help

Community Manager

Hey @hel0vesb were you able to get the issue sorted?

Generally, this issue is caused when the info stored by your bank/card issuer is different from that which you are entering on the payment page. It's worth pulling up your online banking or a bill to check the info lines up with that which you are entering in Origin.

The $1 charge is a pre-authorisation which is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @hel0vesb 

please contact a game advisor for this.

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (381 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hel0vesb were you able to get the issue sorted?

Generally, this issue is caused when the info stored by your bank/card issuer is different from that which you are entering on the payment page. It's worth pulling up your online banking or a bill to check the info lines up with that which you are entering in Origin.

The $1 charge is a pre-authorisation which is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (311 Views)