Re: Help transferring a game

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Help transferring a game

★★★ Newbie

I used to share an account with my ex. He bought 2 games on the account and I bought The Sims 4 and multiple expansions/game/stuff packs. I got some live help from someone to try and transfer my Sims game to a new account I made for myself. He said my only options are 1 - transfer all games. That would take both of his games and deactivate his account so that's a no. 2 - change the email but again the other games aren't mine. Or 3 - completely start over which I absolutely can not afford to do. While we were talking my ex changed his password and I no longer have access to that account. I can't even legally talk to him (I have a restraining order) so I've completely lost hundreds of dollars and the person helping me said theres nothing I can do except "talk to him politely and ask him not to change the password" If I cant get my games back I will not be a customer anymore... I've spent so much money already and absolutely can not afford to do it again. Is there anything absolutely ANYTHING I can do?

Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

Re: Help transferring a game

Hero

According to the terms of service, game licenses are not transferable. If the account is in your ex's name, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)