Help! can´t purchase Sims 4 outdoor retreat?? error code 10048

by 1101950502

Original Post

Help! can´t purchase Sims 4 outdoor retreat?? error code 10048

★ Novice

Hey I hope someone can help me out.. I have been trying since this morning to buy Sims 4 outdoor retreat, I have tried with 2 different cards and I tried Paypal and I have contacted my bank and they say it must be an error on the Origin website. I get the error code 10048 constantly and I really hope someone can help me out? It´s so frustrating! 

Thanks! Standard smile 

Message 1 of 18 (2,864 Views)

Re: Help! can´t purchase Sims 4 outdoor retreat?? error code 10048

★ Novice

Getting the same problem with the same error code and it's definitely not my bank. I've tried my card, my boyfriends card (wouldn't even let me add his card, said it couldn't verify it) and PayPal, but got the #10048 error.

Pain in the backside, guys, you need to keep your stuff working from your end. Every time I try and get something new with Origin it goes wrong in some way or another, and you sit there wondering why heaps of people prefer to illegally pirate their games rather than buy them from you; when the legal way is so frustrating I can't blame them.

Message 2 of 18 (2,793 Views)

★ Guide

You must save your billing information to your origin account first to make any new purchase in the new origin store after you save it log out and log in to origin and you will be all set to go 

Message 3 of 18 (2,791 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having the 10048 issue. Can't add any other cards and they 'cannot be verified'. Seems EVERY time I use Origin there is some issue. The advisor I spoke to on chat says that they are having 'technical issues'. These issues seem to be ongoing.

Message 4 of 18 (2,672 Views)

★ Guide

Hmmmm

Try talking to an EA Advisor... there your best bet with this...

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Unable+to+purchase+Sims+4+...

Message 5 of 18 (2,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ea advisor? sure. not working button çhat now for 20 minutes now, ok thank you. i'll have to pirate that **bleep**....

Message 6 of 18 (2,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I spoke to an advisor yesterday. They haven't got a clue, just told me to 'try again later'.

Message 7 of 18 (2,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here are direct contact lines with EA / Origin Support... there more capable at assisting in this matter

Canada: Call back facility. Click here to initiate: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Need+help&category=account-...
[Removed by CM]
United States: Call back facility. Click here to initiate: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Need+help&category=account-...

Most countries are available between 09:00-21:00 Monday-Saturday local time for telephone support

Message 8 of 18 (2,530 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This error prevents also from buying anything on Origin, game or virtual content, and if you get it, your Origin account is doomed. I have it since June, and other people have it for years, and Origin/EA never cared about solving our problem LOL they don't want our money. It's ok there are retailer websites that legally sell the games and virtual contents, so we may as well buy from them as EA doesn't even care.

Btw everyone tried the "solution" which is supposedly to enter my billing information in the Origin software, but it doesn't help for me or for anyone.

There are tons of threads over the past years where people complain about not being able to buy anything from Origin, it has never got fixed for anyone.

Like this one where "the solution" LOL is to "contact an adviser", what a joke! http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/is-Origin-ever-gonna-fix-the-problem-ref-10048/td-p/2114649

The real solution is to stop buying EA products. 

Message 9 of 18 (2,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you talk to the idiots in live chat they can't figure it out either. i have the same problem, i was also trying to get Cartel Coins for SWTOR and it didn't work either. There was no code on that one just gave me a blank confirmation page. I am using paypal so it is good to hear it is other payment methods too. I called paypal and they said nothing was wrong on their end.

Message 10 of 18 (2,247 Views)