Help asap

by toribielot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help asap

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to buy expansion packs for the sims 4 for a while now. Every time I go to add a game to the cart it says that my promo code is invalid and that it's already been used or expired. I go to my shopping cart and there isn't even a promo code in the promo code box. So I try adding the game again and it said the same thing. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling orgin and doing it online and it all says the same thing.

Message 1 of 5 (269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help asap

Community Manager

@toribielot That's interesting, I think reaching out to support is the best way forward, they can take a look at the account and can hopefully clear things up. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

If you're not in the US, be sure to click the flag icon in the top left of the page to change the region.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (229 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@toribielot Hey, I take it that you're trying to buy through the Origin client? If you try buying through the website, does that work?

Back in the Origin client, can you try clearing its cache and see if that helps?

Spoiler

Clear your Origin data cache:

Windows players:

1. First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders:
    1. Open the Start menu 
    2. Type "view hidden files and folders" into the search bar.
    3. Press Enter to open the View tab of your Folder Options.
    4. Open the Hidden Files and folders menu within the Files and Folders menu.
    5. Click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    6. Click Apply, then OK to exit the menu.
  2. If open, close Origin by clicking Origin in the menu bar and selecting Exit.
  3. Click the Start button, then Computer, then double-click (CStandard smile to open the C:\ drive
  4. Open the ProgramData folder, then the Origin folder, and delete all the files and folders except for LocalContent.
    1. Windows XP players can find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\
  5. Go back to C:\: 
    1. Then open the Users folder,
    2. Then the folder with your computer's username
    3. Then AppData
    4. Then Roaming
    5. Then Origin, and delete all the files and folders inside.
  6. Go back to the AppData folder: 
    1. Then open the Local folder, 
    2. Then Origin, and delete all the files and folders inside.

Log in to the Origin client and check if your missing content is available in the My Games tab.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (259 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have tried buying through the website and it still isn't working.
Message 3 of 5 (251 Views)

★★★ Newbie
and clearing everything didn't work either.
Message 4 of 5 (248 Views)

Community Manager

@toribielot That's interesting, I think reaching out to support is the best way forward, they can take a look at the account and can hopefully clear things up. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

If you're not in the US, be sure to click the flag icon in the top left of the page to change the region.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (230 Views)