Hacked, Asked for verification only option is hackers Fake E-Mail

by JEA_242

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change email

★★ Novice

When I made my Origin account over a year ago I accidentally entered the wrong address; it was missing one letter. Then when I was playing Sims 3 for the first time and wanted to access the online features, I accidentally created a whole new EA account with the correct email (no typo). I managed to get that one deleted through EA help- and then completely forgot about the wrong email address associated with this account. Today I remembered and went to change the email, but it won't let me because I need to verify my account- through the email that is misspelled and therefore, non-existent.

What do I do?

Message 1 of 7 (1,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't change email

@Stardust012  You can fill out the account recovery form, and if you prove your ownership of the original account, you'll be able to change the email address.

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,061 Views)

All Replies

@Stardust012  You can fill out the account recovery form, and if you prove your ownership of the original account, you'll be able to change the email address.

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

Message 2 of 7 (1,062 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict A thought occurred to me, can I verify my account another way? Like have a verification code texted to me? Then when it's verified I think I'll be able to change my email.
Message 3 of 7 (1,059 Views)

@Stardust012  If you have a phone number linked to the account, then it might work.  You can always contact EA customer support and ask.  But if the email is the only contact option listed on the account, then you'll need the recovery form.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 4 of 7 (1,044 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I don't have a phone number linked. I just wanna find a way to solve this without having to deal with contacting EA, all that stuff. It's a headache.
Message 5 of 7 (1,041 Views)

@Stardust012  Yes, EA support can be a huge headache, but there's no other way to change the email address on your account.  EA makes this difficult on purpose, so someone can't steal your password and then claim ownership and change all the account details.  The price of that attempt at extra security is that even the rightful owners have to jump through hoops, but there's no way around it.

Message 6 of 7 (1,028 Views)

Hacked, Asked for verification only option is hackers Fake E-Mail

★★★ Newbie

My EA or FIFA 20 account was hacked and now every time I go onto FIFA it asks me to verify my account by sending a code to an email address. The only email it lets me send it to is a fake disposable email that the hacker used. It won't let me choose another email which makes no sense I guess the people working at FIFA are just a bunch of idiots and are too stupid to think of putting that option in. After being unable to change my email I tried going to the EA tech support page. They said the wait time is 244 minutes which is so fake. EA Sports either has no tech support and put up a fake website or they just have three people working in their entire company. I have been waiting forever for this trash customer service and nobody helps. I swear if some idiot comes in and responds to this message by giving me the link to their garbage customer support I am going to lose it.

Message 7 of 7 (780 Views)