Re: Hacked Account

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked Account

★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway to get live chat support instead of having to have EA call me.  I have a prepaid phone and can't afford to waste an hour of my minutes just to get something fixed that wasn't even changed by me in the first place.  My account must have been hacked because my ID has been changed as well as my security question, every time i try to type it in it says i have the wrong answer.

Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@ParadoxCrusader Hi,

Unfortunately this will not be possible for this type of issue. However, it looks as if you reside within North America, so we should be able to reach out directly to you if you leave your number with us. Just follow the advice below.

To reach support without signing in, open an Account Security ticket. At the top of the login form, you will see the option, "Click here if you cannot sign in." Click that link to proceed.

Click the link labelled

Be sure to have as much of the following as possible when speaking with the advisor:

• Access to the original email account on your EA Account 
  • Access to the Internet or a gaming console the account is linked to 
  • Any invoice numbers or product codes from games you have purchased

Once you are again able to access your account, please review our detailed instructions on maintaining your account security. We particularly encourage you to make use of our Login Verification feature.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/

Thank you,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ParadoxCrusader Hi,

Unfortunately this will not be possible for this type of issue. However, it looks as if you reside within North America, so we should be able to reach out directly to you if you leave your number with us. Just follow the advice below.

To reach support without signing in, open an Account Security ticket. At the top of the login form, you will see the option, "Click here if you cannot sign in." Click that link to proceed.

Click the link labelled

Be sure to have as much of the following as possible when speaking with the advisor:

• Access to the original email account on your EA Account 
  • Access to the Internet or a gaming console the account is linked to 
  • Any invoice numbers or product codes from games you have purchased

Once you are again able to access your account, please review our detailed instructions on maintaining your account security. We particularly encourage you to make use of our Login Verification feature.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/

Thank you,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)