Re: [HOW TO] Stream non-Origin Titles

by eaoneletter

Original Post

[HOW TO] Stream non-Origin Titles

Community Manager (retired)

Origin’s latest beta client has arrived—allowing you to add non-Origin titles to your library and live-stream your gameplay via our new partnership with Twitch. Collectively, these features invite and unleash a whole new dimension to your Origin gaming experience. 

We’ve noticed that because of the nature of the Steam client and its own In Game overlay, Steam-Powered games require a few extra steps to set up streaming. Here’s how you can make streaming your gameplay a reality, no matter what game you choose: 

1) Close the Steam application if it’s already running. 

2) Launch Origin. In the upper navbar, select Origin > Add Game. Choose Add Games Manually, then add the Steam Client executable to Origin. 

3) Open Steam through your Origin My Games library. (Origin needs to be the parent process of Steam for Origin In-Game to hook into Steam games.) 

4) From Steam, select and launch the game you’d like to stream. 

5) Press Shift + F1 (or your specific Origin In-Game hotkey) to bring up Origin In-Game. Then, select the “Broadcast” icon at the bottom of the screen to sign in to Twitch and set up your stream. 

Please note that the new broadcasting feature is not available for users under 13 or on Windows XP. 

We hope all of you have fun with these new features. Also, we appreciate your patience; please remember this is a Beta, and we expect there to be some bugs. If you notice any bugs, please help us out by reporting them in the comments below—be as specific as possible (including game names, Twitch name, any archive video, etc.). Enjoy! 

Message 1 of 5 (6,012 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can we change the icon of non-Origin games added to the Games library? I don't want to stare at a Windows shortcut on a DVD case style tile.

Message 2 of 5 (5,682 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@cjart wrote:

Can we change the icon of non-Origin games added to the Games library? I don't want to stare at a Windows shortcut on a DVD case style tile.

Not at the moment, but this is a feature we're working on for a future addition to Origin. No ETA right now, but we'll hopefully have some details down the road.

Message 3 of 5 (5,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did all that, but when I try to launch steam it just doesnt launch.  I don't know how to fix it.

EDIT: Fixed it, forgot to run Origin as administrator.  I now, however; cant get the overlay to run with World of Tanks.

Message 4 of 5 (5,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YES U CAN

Message 5 of 5 (2,272 Views)