Re: HELP ME PLEASE

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HELP ME PLEASE

★ Novice

I need help, so every time I try and open my account to origin it tells me that there is an error and that they cant find the update file called CheckHook. I tried to uninstall it from my pc but it freezes every time I try and now I cant play my sims 3 or 4 I need help please tell me if u know how to fix this issue.

Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@mikaylaskyeward Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you post the exact error message that you receive?

Additionally please try looking at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
  2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (171 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

@mikaylaskyeward Hi,

Please log out and close the Origin client. After this please download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 and then try running Origin again.

If you are still experiencing the error afterwards, please type it out exactly so we can see how to best assist you further.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (212 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Nils, i can not open anything to do with origin and I've tried to download that but it didn't help it says the same thing that the file CheckHook could not be found. I tried to restore the application but it didn't do anything.
Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@mikaylaskyeward Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you post the exact error message that you receive?

Additionally please try looking at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
  2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to Origin. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (172 Views)