Great news for EA/Dice - Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

by DeepSixxxx

Original Post

Highlighted

Great news for EA/Dice - Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

★ Pro

Great news for EA/Dice, as of today Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard pending a 12 to 18 month regulatory approval required across the globe. And no, I'm not being sarcastic or funny...

Why is it good news?  Well if you read the history of Halo Infinite development, you will understand that Microsoft has a knack for turning a no-lose gaming franchises into complete chaos very quickly; therefore, there will be a lot of Call of Duty players jumping ship if they pull a "Halo" on the COD franchise, etc.

Basically if you thought Battlefield 2042 had "tech debt" issues and delays, it was said that Halo Infinite had "Tech Bankruptcy" issues and it was a small miracle that it is being released in three different pieces over multiple months.  Microsoft develops games using a majority of contractors, and then restricts their contracts to 18 months maximum, so that ensures that nobody really knows what's going on during a multi-year game development.  Thus like most companies that become too large, they tend to become less creative, more restrictive, less flexible, and add so many admin layers that nobody really knows completely what is going on during product development, and it is similar to coding five games at once and attempting to merge them together during a panic launch.

At some point Microsoft will own them all as "there can only be one"...so enjoy EA games before that day happens...HA

Message 1 of 2 (421 Views)

Re: Great news for EA/Dice - Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes it is really good news for EA and when i heard mybkexperience news i was so happy for EA.

Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)