Good old days

by null

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Good old days

★★★ Newbie

Where are the good old days where you buy the CD, install and play.

Today you have to register, fight with numerous e-mails and maybe a week later you can actually play the game(only online of course)

Ever considered playing any game offline after registration

Message 1 of 5 (435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Good old days

Community Manager (retired)

@null wrote:

Today you have to register, fight with numerous e-mails and maybe a week later you can actually play the game(only online of course)

Origin's Offline Mode is specifically setup just to do this. Once you've bought a game, be it physical or digital, and authenticate it with a single online login, you can then play Offline without a connection as much as you want. Just open up the client, navigate to "Origin" >> "Go Offline", and you'll be off and playing without an issue.

The authentication is really just a single added step over the old method, since you're authenticating your account with our system, but after that, you can just play without an internet connection.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

There making way to only sell digital games online and no more cd and box retail games as sales have gone down. Unfortanetly, i am a fan of the "actually owning a physical copy of a computer game" club. I mean, what happens if someone hacks your pc, or you have a power outage that corrupts your pc or it breaks permanently?

Unfortanetly, go to a retail store and look at their selection of pc games. Best buy shrunk their PC games to 2 shelves. Gamestop only now has one shelf, and rest is digital advertisments. Also, what happens some day if the internet becomes obsolete and a new information system arises? It could happen in the future, not today, not tomorrow, but someday, perhaps in 5-10 years. Even some critics are stating the . addresses are eventually gonna be all used up. 

Message 2 of 5 (399 Views)

Hero

Yap, we're a dying species. The youngsters that grow up with online gaming don't want to bother with disc while us older gamers still want them. It's all going towards no disc - whether we like it or not. So we can either change our stripes or stop gaming Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (389 Views)

★ Guide
Exactly..but there are problems with no disk either. Proof? Steam has it's own help section that covers this problem and has several pages due to games that have not installed correctly. I hope origin learns from steam about this..
Message 4 of 5 (351 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@null wrote:

Origin's Offline Mode is specifically setup just to do this. Once you've bought a game, be it physical or digital, and authenticate it with a single online login, you can then play Offline without a connection as much as you want. Just open up the client, navigate to "Origin" >> "Go Offline", and you'll be off and playing without an issue.

The authentication is really just a single added step over the old method, since you're authenticating your account with our system, but after that, you can just play without an internet connection.

Message 5 of 5 (339 Views)