Gone

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

gone

Message 1 of 2 (334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can i download the sims in my one drive

[ Edited ]

@Amourian  No, sorry, that won't work.  Program files for an application need to be stored locally on your computer, not in the cloud.  This is true in Windows and macOS.

Even if you did have more storage, you'd likely have trouble playing.  Your Stream's hardware is almost certainly below the minimum requirements for even the base game, and the laptop might not run it at all.

If you're interested in games but can't get a more powerful computer, there are a growing number of apps that do allow you to use their cloud servers to play.  GeForce Now is one of them; google it if you'd like an idea of how it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (325 Views)

All Replies

Re: can i download the sims in my one drive

[ Edited ]

@Amourian  No, sorry, that won't work.  Program files for an application need to be stored locally on your computer, not in the cloud.  This is true in Windows and macOS.

Even if you did have more storage, you'd likely have trouble playing.  Your Stream's hardware is almost certainly below the minimum requirements for even the base game, and the laptop might not run it at all.

If you're interested in games but can't get a more powerful computer, there are a growing number of apps that do allow you to use their cloud servers to play.  GeForce Now is one of them; google it if you'd like an idea of how it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (326 Views)