Re: Getting started on Answers HQ!

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[INFO] 💡 Getting started on Answers HQ!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

EA General Questions - AHQ Banner.jpg

Hey players!

Welcome to Answers HQ! Answers HQ (AHQ) is more than a support forum — it's a global community focused on players helping players. If you need some troubleshooting advice, want to talk with other players, or have a general question, then you are on the right forum!  

In this thread, you'll learn everything you need to become an Answers HQ expert, including how to navigate the boards. Click on the headings in the Index below to jump to that section in this thread and get started:

Index

Check out the FAQ page for more information on the Answers HQ forum as a whole and if you have any questions about how Answers HQ works after that, please feel free to open a thread and tag myself or another Community Manager in it, and we will do our best to answer them.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 10 (80,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Finding the best board for you

So you've made it to Answers HQ! Where to begin, right? Let's start with getting the right language forum for you. Answers HQ is currently supported in all of the following languages: 

To toggle between the various language forums, select the arrow by the language listed at the top of the board and select the preferred language from the drop down menu. Like this:

Language.jpg

How to find other boards

Once you've found the right language forum for you, the next step is selecting the best board. You'll find the 'All boards' menu in the top left of the board. Select the arrow by that tab and all of our boards in that language will display. From there select the board you'd like to navigate to and you'll be redirected to that section.

All boards - open menu.jpg

Where you are right now: 

You are on the EA-General Questions board. This board is the best space for you if you have a question or need advise that isn't related to a specific EA game. If you have any game specific questions, issue or suggestions, please make your post on the specific product board using the directions shared above.

All boards - you are here.jpg

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 10 (80,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Search for Threads & Answers

Before opening a new thread, it's better if you check if other players are already talking about your topic in the forum. To do so, you can use the search bar from that board:

Search bar.PNG

Take a look at the search results. If any of the recent posts you see is about the same topic you want to discuss, go ahead and answer that thread or join in! If you can't find anything similar, it's time to open a new thread.

For a visual guide check out the EA Help youtube channel!!!

Message 3 of 10 (80,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Creating a New Thread or Discussion 

You can open a new thread using the 'New topic' button.

New Topic.jpg

Once you select 'New Topic' you'll see this page load: 

make a thread.post.jpg

1. Thread Title: You'll want to make your subject line a short summary of your issue and keep it specific. Something like 'Help' isn't very descriptive and you may not get the engagements you hoped for. The clearer the thread title, the better members will be able to tell what you're looking to discuss and find your thread.
  2. Opening post/Text box: Here you can type in your issue – try to provide as much detail as possible. Sharing a post like 'I'm having issues' doesn't help readers understand what the issue is. Try sharing more context like in the example shared in the image above.
  3. Submit: Once you type in something in the text box, a Submit button will appear next to Preview. Hit 'Submit' to post it live on the forum!

Message 4 of 10 (80,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Finding Your Threads & Keeping Up With New Posts

You can find a list of the threads and posts you've made or answered in your profile. Just click on your username in the top right corner of the page and select 'Profile':

Find your profile.jpg

Under ‘Recent activity’ you will see your last posts, and if you click on ‘View all’ you will get to a page with a list of all your posts posted in the language you have chosen.

Keeping up with threads and new posts

Whether you've created a new thread or found an existing one that you'd like to keep up with it, subscribing will ensure you are notified when a new post is shared. For new threads you create, you can subscribe to your thread from the draft page by checking the 'Subscribe to replies' box at the bottom 

Subscribe to your thread.jpg

If you forget to select that button at that stage, or if you just want to be kept up-to-date on another thread you haven't posted in, you can subscribe if you click on the three dots to the top right of that thread and select 'Subscribe' from the dropdown menu. 

Subscribe to any thread.jpg

One more thing, if you look at the image above you'll see a 'Bookmark' option. You can also bookmark a thread for later easy finding through your profile but you won't get an notification or e-mail for new posts in those though.

Message 5 of 10 (80,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Replying & Quoting Others

There are two replying options;

• Quick Reply: This option opens a text field on the same page under the post you're replying to where you can type your reply. 
  • Reply: This option will load a new page where you can draft your message, include formatting, quote the post your responding to and attach files.

Depending on what you're looking to respond with, one of these options will be perfect for the job. Here's where you can locate them: 

replying.jpg

For quoting; once you've hit reply, you will be taken to a page where you can draft your message and include a quote from that player. The Quote option is in the top right just above the text window (see the image below). Press it and a quote of the post you're replying to will appear in the text box which you can make edits too to help highlight which portion you're referring to in your reply. 

How to quote.jpg

Message 6 of 10 (80,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Editing Posts & Adding Pictures

Spotted a typo? Remembered more information after pressing Submit? That's ok, we've all been there and needed to edit. The best practise is to get the edit in before it's been replied to as changing information in your post after a reply isn't advised nor fair to other readers so try to get that edit in there asap. Standard smile 

To edit your post, click on the three dots of the post and choose Edit Message like in the image below. This will allow you to edit. 

edit posts 2.jpg

How to add images/pictures to your posts

It's best to upload your pictures or images directly to Answers HQ as sometimes images can be removed on some third party site.

There are two options to add pictures

1. Use Attach file at the bottom.
  2. Select the picture icon in the bar and then upload it.

Add images.jpg

Message 7 of 10 (80,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

How can I find my AHQ Username & EA ID?

Did you know your Answers HQ username will match your EA ID/Username? They are one and the same and there are a few different ways to find them. 

How can I find my Answers HQ Username?

1. Check out the top right corner of Answers HQ, you'll see your forum username displayed
    or
  2. Join a thread and make a post. Your username will appear beside each of your posts on the left. 
Answers HQ username.png

AHQ username 2.jpg

How can I find my EA ID?

1. Go to your EA Account and Billing Settings.
  2. Click on the About Me tab. 
  3. In Basic Information you'll see your EA ID/Display Name
EA ID.jpg

How can I update my EA ID/Answers HQ Username?

1. Go to your EA Account and Billing Settings.
  2. Click on the About Me tab. 
  3. Click Edit next to Basic Information to update your EA ID, First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth. 
  4. Type in the code we send you to confirm your identity, then change away!

Need more help?

If you hit a snag updating your EA account information, our advisors will do their best to help you. Please reach out to them. This guide will help outline how to contact them in more detail: How to contact EA Help for support

- EA_Lanna

Message 8 of 10 (80,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

XP, 'Me Too' & Accepted Solutions

What are they and how do they work?

• Accept as Solution button - If your issue was solved or if a post answers your question or was helpful, please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
  • Me Too button - This is a powerful button. The 'Me Too' button helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
  • XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts. The ‘XP’ button gives experience points to the user who wrote it. It's an easy way of saying 'thank you' to the author and help them level up in the community. For more information on Leveling Up, check out the Answers HQ FAQ page.

Message 9 of 10 (80,093 Views)

💡 Getting started on Answers HQ!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

How to report toxicity on Answers HQ forums

If you find anything concerning you, toxic and against forum rules, report this using few easy steps below: 

Check the number of the post which you are reporting, to make sure you’re reporting the right post.

• Click on the three dots visible on the opposite of the post number (1.)
  • Click on Report button (2.)

toxicityreportENG.png

In the next part, enter a short description explaining why you find content posted by other user against forum rules.

toxicityreportENG2.png

One of the members of the Community Forum Team will pick up your report and take appropriate action.

Message 10 of 10 (36,412 Views)