Getting Credit for none working game

by Bearkat0514

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Getting Credit for none working game

★ Novice

My son purchased Alice Madness Returns as a Christmas present for me. I have been trying to get it to launch but it does nothing. I have troubleshooted everything I could find on this forum. Could I get a credit to use to purchase another game?

Message 1 of 6 (398 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Getting Credit for none working game

Community Manager

Hey @Bearkat0514 when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

I am testing Alice: Madness Returns right now and it is running for me, that it is not for you would mean a system issue that needs to be troubleshot.

If you are not interested in my help in relation to doing so that is fine.

We cannot offer you credit or a refund for a purchase made outside of EA, if a refund or credit is the only thing you would like in this situation then you will need to speak with the retailer as no one in EA support can assist with purchases made elsewhere.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (246 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Where was the game purchased from @Bearkat0514?

What happens when you are unable to launch the game?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (333 Views)

★ Novice

He purchased it as an online code throughGamestop. They told me to get credit I need to contact EA. It does nothing. I click play and it just goes to my desktop. Nothing launches.

Message 3 of 6 (313 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Bearkat0514 there would be nothing that we could do in relation to refunding or offering credit for a purchase made from outside of the EA app or Origin.

We can help you troubleshoot the issue if you would like.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (311 Views)

★ Novice

How? Your just gunna tell me to run in compatibility mode, download certain files. I’ve tried everything. I wish I could actually talk to a person. This is the worst form of customer service I have ever experienced. And shame on you for not allowing credit for a none working game. How can I actually talk to someone instead of this bs?

Message 5 of 6 (289 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Bearkat0514 when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

I am testing Alice: Madness Returns right now and it is running for me, that it is not for you would mean a system issue that needs to be troubleshot.

If you are not interested in my help in relation to doing so that is fine.

We cannot offer you credit or a refund for a purchase made outside of EA, if a refund or credit is the only thing you would like in this situation then you will need to speak with the retailer as no one in EA support can assist with purchases made elsewhere.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (247 Views)