Re: Games wont Launch

by Theseuskhan

Original Post

Games wont Launch

★ Novice

I have Battlefield 4 and Titanfall on Origin, and neither will launch!

Clicking play on Titanfall shows me about .5 of a loading icon for the mouse, before it dissapears and nothing happens, no processes or anything.

Clicking play on BF4 takes me to the webpage, I try to click play multiplayer and the blue bar gets stuck every single time. If i click campaign it gets stuck on "initializing" every single time.

Running windows 7 64bit

8GB RAM

I7 3770K

4GB GTX 680

Been googling and trying to follow all advice, updated all drivers etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)

★ Guide

Right click on origin in the task bar on right. Prefrances. Then goto Ingame Overlay. Select Disable Overlay ingame

- Disable any other overlay Steam etc, Raptr

- Clear out the config files in My documents for BF4. If you have permission issues this can crash game building them start to work on elvating

- Disable UAC sigh

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off

Update your GPU drivers and run a repair install on each. Right click each game and repair.

Try a DX update... DXWEBSETUP into google

One of those shld fix your problem my good sir. I hope. If not what anti virus are you using + Firewall. try Adding origin + game DIR's to the resident shield expection list, or whitelist , or the Good list. /shrug

=})

Message 2 of 5 (355 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much for the reply, sadly I followed all of them to the letter and this has not resolved the issues, neither game will launch.

Message 3 of 5 (352 Views)

★ Novice

Still nothings, halp ! Frown

Message 4 of 5 (339 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Overbearing2011 

Battlefield 4: if the loading bar is stuck on 'initializing' please scan your PC for malware and viruses. The same issue happened to a French community member here.

Here is a list of troubleshooting steps you should try (skip the steps you have already performed):

1. Try to run the program with administrator privileges - Details -
  2. Launch the game from the game folder (not with the shortcut.)
  3. Try the compatibility troubleshooter - Details -
  4. Make sure the Game Client and the Game Launcher (.exe) are both allowed to communicate through your firewall and are present to your security program’s “safe” or “allowed” list.
  5. Repair and/or re-install the game
  6. Please make sure that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date
  7. Temporarily disable UAC. (Instructions found in this article)
  8. Perform a clean boot, then try again.
  9. Change/Adjust your screen resolution
Message 5 of 5 (324 Views)