Games not showing up in 'My Games'

by Hwaffy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games not showing up in 'My Games'

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I've had a number of issues lately with Origin and Sims... It's quite a story. 

Firstly, I had the Sims 4 downloaded on one computer, and for some reason one day it just stopped working. You would hear the music and the application would say that it was open, however nothing was showing up. I tried (almost) EVERYTHING. I un-installed and then re-installed Sims, logged out and then back into Origin I got rid of all CC and mods, clicked 'repair game' on sims 4,  checked on system preferences to make sure there was no multiple screens ect. ect. Eventually I gave up. 

Skip forward a couple of months, and I decide to download Sims onto my Laptop. All was fine and dandy until one day when I decide to buy and download a new expansion pack.

Same thing happens as last time, minus the music playing in the background. This time, the first thing I did was right click and select 'repair game'. It started off fine, until for some unknown reason, after verifying there is some sort of error and a little notification pops up. I tried this many times before giving up. Off to google once more, and I see that some people have had similar issues, so as their advice said, I uninstalled and then re-installed the origin client. So, that goes well. It downloads and I have no trouble logging in, but then...

I click on 'My Games' and nada. Not one single game there. So, I try opening Sims by clicking on the application rather than in the Origin client. A little message pops up telling me to activate the game with the product code. This would be easy, except I received no product code. Sims was just automatically put onto my account when I purchased it online (via Origin). I searched high and low for the product code but unfortunately turned up empty handed. I decided to try the order code from when I bought it, to see if that worked. However, when I clicked on the sims application nothing happened. No little message, no music, nothing.

So as you can see, I'm in a bit of a pickle. 

Please please help. 

Message 1 of 7 (527 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games not showing up in 'My Games'

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I literally just checked Origin again, and for some reason..... Sims was there. So, I tried opening it... And it worked!

I have no idea why it has not been showing up for the past 4 days but it's there now!

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (502 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Hwaffy hey there

Sorry to hear about all your hassles, it doesn't sound like fun. 

I found this, I don't know if it will help: http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Let me know! Standard smile 

Message 2 of 7 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank-you, and no, it certainly isn't :')

I've already tried what's suggested from that link, with no luck - thank-you anyway! Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (505 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hwaffy

Hi,

This instead sounds like you are logging in on the wrong account. Logout and then login again with any other usernames or email addresses that you might have. If you are unsure about these details then you can always ask an EA Advisor for assistance.

Message 4 of 7 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, thank-you for the assistance, however I only have one Origin account and I checked my order history online and it's definitely the account that I purchased Sims etc. on ... Frown

Thank-you anyway! :D

Message 5 of 7 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I literally just checked Origin again, and for some reason..... Sims was there. So, I tried opening it... And it worked!

I have no idea why it has not been showing up for the past 4 days but it's there now!

Message 6 of 7 (503 Views)

Community Manager

@Hwaffy Thanks for letting us know that the game returned, glad to hear that it is working again for you now.

Have fun with your game! Standard smile

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 7 (465 Views)