Re: Games are missing from my library

by UglyGothKid

Original Post

Games are missing from my library

★★★★★ Novice

Greetings!

I have two games that are missing from my library. Both are oldies: "Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box" and "Need For Speed: Undercover".

I contacted customer support, but their answer was... strange. They said they see that I have licenses for these games associated with my account, but since these games don't work on Windows 10 (yeah, of course they don't), they were REMOVED from my library. What kind of nonsense is that? I'm not even talking about the fact that I have games on account that are even older than Burnout and Undercover, but they are in place and work fine.

Can someone really help me restore these games?

Message 1 of 7 (796 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @UglyGothKid if games were associated with your account they would not be removed without reason.

The best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (773 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I have already contacted them and you can see their answer above. They also suggested replacing my games with others (Dead Space, Dragon Age, Unravel, etc.) but I'm not interested in that.
Message 3 of 7 (770 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Here's even a direct quote:

So after a bit of research into this issue, it would seem it was intended not to appear. The old Burnout Paradise is no longer supported within Origin since a new version was released for Windows 10.

For Need for Speed Underground, that no longer works on Windows 10 as well. The good news is I can replace NFS Underground with another title from this list as a replacement if you're interested:

*list of games for the replacement*

If a game will no longer run on newer Windows platforms, it might need to be taken down. However, we do have a way to replace them with a different game from that list.

And yes, I meant Need for Speed Undercover. We can see the entitlements for those games on your account, but they no longer are able to be viewed and downloaded within Origin.

How is this possible?
Message 4 of 7 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Any suggestions?

Maybe someone had a similar problem and could advise what exactly should I tell the live support staff to get my games back to the library?

Because earlier I told them the same thing as in the first post and you can see the answer. Disappointed
Message 5 of 7 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko as you suggested, I contacted customer support again. The answer is still the same: these games are don't work on Windows 10, so that's why there were REMOVED from MY library.

I know that games can be removed from the store, but not from the user's library. I think it's not even legal.

Any ideas how can I get my games back?
Message 6 of 7 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Bump!
Message 7 of 7 (454 Views)