Games and Origin keeps Crashing

by Rangerduck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games and Origin keeps Crashing

★★ Novice

Just started few days ago, But BF1 and TF2 even single player the games will be fine then just stop working. and half the time when they quit Origin crashes and has to be restarted.

Message 1 of 12 (32,930 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games and Origin keeps Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Rangerduck

I think in the first phase, you could try a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If your issue persist is because most of MSI software is keen to their hardware, you would run into some issues.Let's start here by removing/update(you choose) the MSI Gaming App, since it looks like it caused a crash when loading.

After that,restart your machine,go in Origin / My Game Library,right click game icon BF1 and TF2 select Repair and then you can start your game.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (36,273 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello @Rangerduck,

Please try repairing the game by right clicking on it in origin and pressing "repair game". When its finished, try launching it again. If it still fails, try clearing your origin cache as described here.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask inhere.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

Message 2 of 12 (32,911 Views)

★★ Novice

worked for a little while but back to random crashing

Message 3 of 12 (32,895 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hmmm, this is strange, your pc should be able to run those games without any problems, thats strange. I dont really know what you could try now anymore, so please excuse me and wait for someone who can provide further help on this.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

Message 4 of 12 (32,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Rangerduck

I think in the first phase, you could try a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If your issue persist is because most of MSI software is keen to their hardware, you would run into some issues.Let's start here by removing/update(you choose) the MSI Gaming App, since it looks like it caused a crash when loading.

After that,restart your machine,go in Origin / My Game Library,right click game icon BF1 and TF2 select Repair and then you can start your game.

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 12 (36,274 Views)

★★ Novice

removing the msi gaming app seems to have fix it. Thank you

Message 6 of 12 (32,854 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Rangerduck

Glad to hear that it's working again!

Great collaboration, @yahel_1 and @Babyhuehnchen. Thanks for helping out! :eahigh_file: 

Message 7 of 12 (32,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @Rangerduck , @Straatford87 , @Babyhuehnchen

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 12 (32,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Yes, you're right @Straatford87, 50% of this solution is @Babyhuehnchen contribution .Fingers crossed

Great job @Babyhuehnchen !Thumbs up

Retired champion.
Message 9 of 12 (32,799 Views)

★ Novice

im also having same issues origin keeps crashing dont have msi gaming app tried all the options stated and the thing keeps crashing im fed up with sending in reports

i even did a full windows fresh install after about a day origin still crashes with the same old send error report any body shed some light on this issue .......getting fed up atm of this 

Message 10 of 12 (16,730 Views)