Games Missing After Update

by haden007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games Missing After Update

★★★ Novice

I had to update Origin today. After the update I can no longer access any of my games. I can still see the game data in file explorer, but I can't tell Origin where it is nor can I just load the game from the computer itself without going thru origin. Origin just asks for my product code, but the game was bought years ago by my brother using his old email account so I don't have access to that at all.

I can't get livechat to work, can't find where a "view hidden games" checkbox is (if there even is one anymore), so if I can get any help at all on the topic I would be so so freaking grateful. 

Message 1 of 18 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games Missing After Update

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@haden007

Hi,

Which games are you looking for exactly? I've checked your account and I can confirm that there are no games registered to it.

Your best bet is to reach out to an EA Advisor on Monday to find the correct account details.

View in thread

Message 10 of 18 (559 Views)

All Replies

Re: I lost a game from my own account

★★★ Novice

Related question-- I can't find the "show hidden games" tab. My Origin doesn't show any white bar at the top. 

Message 2 of 18 (573 Views)

Hero

@haden007 You don't have the bar with Show: and the drop down menu seen in my above screenshot? That's odd. Could you post a screenshot? (Be sure to black out any identifying information).
I recommend uninstalling Origin and downloading the latest version (link in my above post) and installing that, see if that fixes it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 18 (569 Views)

★★★ Novice

Attatched the file!

Message 4 of 18 (565 Views)

Hero

@haden007 Perhaps it's like that because you don't own any games? If you should own games, are you sure you're logged in on the correct account?

If you go to store > on the house and get the current free game (Nox), does it change the appearance of your 'My Games' page? You shouldn't have to install it, just go through the 'checkout' process (it is completely free, that's just how the store works) and it should then be considered an owned game and show up for installation on the My Games page.

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 5 of 18 (563 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Leora85  Yeah, I'm currently having a problem where none of my games show up. I was really hoping it was the hidden games drop down, but having done what you recommended the My Games screen is displaying correctly, still with my games missing. Major Bummer.

If you want to try to help me with that issue, could you move over to my thread? ( http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Games-Missing-After-Update/m-p/5458876#U5458876 ) since I don't wanna clog up Bar's thread if they still have problems. No worries if you have no idea though!

Message 6 of 18 (555 Views)

Hero

@haden007 It doesn't matter if the game is installed on the computer or not, Origin only sees games which are owned by the account you're logged in with. If your brother purchased the game with an old email account, wouldn't it be associated with his Origin account? (Unless the game was purchased from a third party retailer and added to your account). 

Having seen your screenshot on the other thread, it looks like Origin doesn't think you own any games on the account you're using. Could you try my suggestion about getting the on the house game, see if the appearance of the my games screen changes (which should then give you access to the Show menu, letting you look at Hidden Games)?

Another thing to consider (because Origin sometimes just likes to mess up) is uninstalling Origin completely, downloading the most recent version here and reinstalling it.

As for live chat, what happens? Sometimes you need to try a different browser, empty your browser cache or temporarily disable certain browser add ons/extensions for it to work. It also isn't available 24/7 (times vary by country).

Message 7 of 18 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's definitely the correct account, I was on it last night with no issues... I actually have to wonder how so many people have multiple accounts! 

I did try your suggestion, and it worked, so the hidden game thing isn't the issue unfortunately... I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. 

As for livechat, I've been trying on Chrome and Safari (since I read somewhere that EA doesn't like Chrome). I can click begin live chat, and the pop up appears successfully, it just never stops trying to connect me to someone. I've tried clearing caches and restarting a few times, but every time it just says "less than 5 minutes wait time" etc.

Right now I'm going to try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling. I'll report back soon!

Message 8 of 18 (557 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Leora85 Uninstalled, reinstalled, annnnnd.... still gone! I kinda am losing my mind haha! Any ideas from here?

Message 9 of 18 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@haden007

Hi,

Which games are you looking for exactly? I've checked your account and I can confirm that there are no games registered to it.

Your best bet is to reach out to an EA Advisor on Monday to find the correct account details.

Message 10 of 18 (560 Views)