Game won't launch cos' of corrupted file but it's already deleted

by Madrista652

Original Post

Highlighted

Game won't launch cos' of corrupted file but it's already deleted

★★★ Newbie
Hi guys, origin's been telling me to delete certain mods from my sims 4 mods folder and I have but it still won't launch. I've reinstalled and repaired the game a few times too
Message 1 of 6 (2,050 Views)

Re: Game won't launch cos' of corrupted file but it's already deleted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Madrista652

Has Origin been telling you? What does it say?

To know if it could be a mod problem or not, remove all of them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Message 2 of 6 (2,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie
like it wont open at all with mods and i removed certain folders to see if they worked better but it just gives me something new to "delete" even when it's not there, also yeah it opens without the mods
Message 3 of 6 (2,006 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Madrista652

If it works without mods but you want to keep your them, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 6 (2,004 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you found a solution to this problem? My new computer is doing this to me too. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,804 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (1,776 Views)