Re: Game codes not working

by phoenixraine72

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game codes not working

★★★ Newbie

Ok this is getting more than a little frustrating since finding help seems to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I purchased a Sims 3 World Bundle this evening containing Hidden Springs and Monte Vista.  When I try installing the game, when it gets to the point I have to enter my activation code, I keep getting a script error and then EA games tells me my code isn't valid.  What's going on?  I just want to install my new games and am a bit ticked at the thought I may be out of $20 because the download won't accept my validation code.

Message 1 of 5 (273 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Origin functions in a couple of interlinked ways.  Primarily, it is the direct sales store for all of EA's games.  Nearly as important, it handles the Digital Right Management functions, for which one single registration in the system is all that any game ever requires.  If the install process was totally broken, and yet the registration had gone through, your ownership should already be reflected in your Client copy of the Origin software. 

You should select the game's Icon in the "My Games" tab's page and open that folder to find the download option in there, thus avoiding the re-registration problem, and probably all the rest of those errors you've experienced. 

My advice is dependent on whether that copy of the game was a virgin.  If Walmart got a return mixed into the system, or if someone there thought a previously registered game could somehow be resold, the problem goes into Walmart's inbox, not EA's.  Remember, all retail operators have the sealing machines to reseal stuff in plastic as if never opened. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (256 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@phoenixraine72 What platform are you trying to install it on and did you purchase it through Origin or somewhere else?

Also what is the exact error your getting?

Message 2 of 5 (263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On Windows 10, and I purchased it at Walmart.  The first thing that happens once the Sims 3 launcher opens is a pop up telling me that an error has occurred with a script on that page.  Once I click the button to continue it gives me the page where I enter the validation code, after entering the code the pop up comes up again telling me there is an error with the script on the page..after clicking to move past that the page where you enter the code shows up again with a  message saying to please enter a valid code for whichever world pack I happen to be installing.

Message 3 of 5 (244 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Origin functions in a couple of interlinked ways.  Primarily, it is the direct sales store for all of EA's games.  Nearly as important, it handles the Digital Right Management functions, for which one single registration in the system is all that any game ever requires.  If the install process was totally broken, and yet the registration had gone through, your ownership should already be reflected in your Client copy of the Origin software. 

You should select the game's Icon in the "My Games" tab's page and open that folder to find the download option in there, thus avoiding the re-registration problem, and probably all the rest of those errors you've experienced. 

My advice is dependent on whether that copy of the game was a virgin.  If Walmart got a return mixed into the system, or if someone there thought a previously registered game could somehow be resold, the problem goes into Walmart's inbox, not EA's.  Remember, all retail operators have the sealing machines to reseal stuff in plastic as if never opened. 

Message 4 of 5 (257 Views)

Re: Game codes weren't working

★★★★★ Expert

@phoenixraine72 

Did the responses give you what you needed? 

Message 5 of 5 (227 Views)