Re: Game access for Household Accounts

by holger1405

Original Post

Game access for Household Accounts

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: Why can't I share this game with someone in my household?
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. There is not access for additional people IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD!
How is this making it more difficult? I'm not purchasing a $60 game 4 times so the whole family can use it. Other platforms allow for sharing within a household.
How can we reproduce this experience? Look at your policies.

We should be able to allow teens in our own household access to games we have purchased on our account. I should not have to purchase a $60 game 4 times so that all 4 members of my own household can play. And then each expansion costs $20+ dollars. We spent hundreds of dollars on ONE game that only ONE person can play. That's unfair when we live together. I understand security and not giving the game to friends/people outside of your household is a possible concern. This could easily be solved by only allowing one additional adult account and up to 3 child accounts to be linked. I can't understand why this is an issue. Nintendo does it. Playstation does it. Even sites that aren't gaming sites such as Amazon do it. Why can't you fix this? It's been a known problem since at least 2014 (based on a forum message we read). And it's still a problem. . .

Message 1 of 2 (480 Views)

Re: Game access for Household Accounts

@adpace 

I moved your thread to the EA – General Questions board.

You can download and install the game on as many computers as you want, but you can only play at one computer at the time. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (441 Views)