Re: Frustrated And Just dissatisfied completely

by Commander-LZ2

Original Post

Frustrated And Just dissatisfied completely

★ Novice

Every SINGLE piece of help or advice from EA is completely inaccurate for an older game being used. Mind You I'm aware it's Christmas. I'm GLAD you're spending time with your families......having said that, it's just as much my holiday as it is yours.......would it be too much to ask that help files get updated regularly especially after new implements (like the recent Origin Client Patch) It's not like the day off was a surprise...it's the same day every year...... I can tell by how old the information that I CAN find is, that it's been a while since you might of thought to update some things.........

I have had an EA account for YEARS YEARS YEARS since 2011 this particular Sims3 account was created. That's 8 years.... I use it for my UO access too.In fact you can see that one too, and notice that I don't generally have to go use forums or public attention of any kind. I play my game and i leave you alone................I have NEVER had to use my community profile so freaking much until now! It's frustrating....and it's frustrating mostly because , this info that I'm looking for should not be a freaking Easter egg hunt on Christmas Day. Technically I should not need technical help at all. My issue should not even be an issue and WOULDN'T BE if you took five minutes to put a slightly different, but obvious, process in place for older games......What I need should have come with my purchase "on my email" according to everything you had posted anywhere i could think to look or search (which is BS too that info should be available in my EA Customer Portal or my Origin when i purchase it due your inability to actually implement it anymore..... it's my information, I paid for it, you have no reason to hold it or any expectation of processing it anymore....) , OR accurate help info somewhere to explain a new process.....or something....something better than information that is just as old as this game.

I got my portal issue corrected, I have and Origin Access account now...and i'm positive i have the most recent update for the client.........i also had to update my Sims game client with the one in the vault (with the starter pack)  because I decided to get a few expansions and some simoleans. and have a fun day..... that was the plan......The coins showed up no problem, they came through to my Sims3 account on the website immediately..... the software all downloaded and installed no problem.....but it's asking for a registration key..... and everything i could find and read said, it would be in an email OR i could right click on my game in the library and get it.....neither statement is accurate. There were no codes on my emails, and the Origin right click option simply tries to get me to buy more expansions, play or update the game.....those are my choices and nothing else. 

I don't need any commentary beyond my product keys, that I have receipts for.... with no keys on them. I'm aware I have to go do it myself through the Sims 3 site or my game, i'm prefectly capable..because the service i pay to do that exact thing, can't.... ......I'm about 3 hours aware of that, 3 hours of looking through every possible piece of information on the EA site, in my portal, tring to find anything in the Origin client or it's settings or anything i could find INCLUDING reading the EA Terms of Purchase, which btw do not even mention product codes/keys at all....conveniently.... all I want is my game codes emailed to me.

Games are for everyone, and building healthy communities is EA's responsibility."

That's what your corporate website says anyway.....

Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: Frustrated And Just dissatisfied completely

★★★★★ Apprentice
@AbbySucco That does sound extremely * annoying. I'm at similar levels of stress. They won't even fix their BROKEN case system, so you can't submit anything: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Case-history-empty/td-p/8211708

Please upvote the OP of that thread.

And of course, ALL the community managers here will just direct you the very same help articles which don't work. Failing that, they will refer you to the BROKEN webform linked to above.

So I would say, realistically:

- Either accept this BS.

- Use a company which respects you. I always recommend gog.com because their games and software is DRM-free. (DRM is what controls your stuff artificially, when there's no need to).

EA has friendly employees. Including on this site. But I have a feeling they are ALL held back by incompetent, lazy and complacent management. What else can explain this God-tier level of stupidity?
Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)