Re: Free on the house games not launching

by TheKingPossums

Original Post

Free on the house games not launching

★★★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Plants vs Zombies, and Bejewled 3 and it will download to my computer but when i try to play the game the game wont launch.    Peggle works but the two i listed will not.  So im trying to figure out what the problem is.   I have Windows 8.1.   I tried compatabitly issues but that didnt help either.   Anyone have any ideas what might help or do i just need to stick with Peggle?

Message 1 of 3 (156 Views)

★ Apprentice

do not know if it will help but run origin in admin mode. it doesn't solve all problems but has solved a couple of mine in the past. sorry I can't be of more help.

Message 2 of 3 (153 Views)

Community Manager

@SierraMoondrake Hi,

Please try the steps below and report back if you are still experiencing any issues.

1. Ensure that Antivirus or security software is not blocking the launch of the game
  2. Run a Repair of the game client. To do this, right-click the game panel in Origin and choose the Repair option.
  3. Make sure that you run Origin and the game as administrator (as suggested by the poster just before)
  4. Check that you do not have any programs running that my cause conflict with Origin
  5. If that still does not help, please run a Clean Boot as this will help with stopping any other programs from interfering
  6. Update your drivers 

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)