Forums issue

by Stevoyd

Original Post

Forums issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just spent about 45 minutes writing out a massive post for discussion in the Apex Legends forums... and my entire post was lost due to this error:

{
  "response" : {
    "components" : [
      {
        "action" : "show",
        "selector" : "ORIGINAL_FEEDBACK_ELEMENT"
      },
      {
        "action" : "trigger",
        "selector" : "ORIGINAL_FEEDBACK_ELEMENT",
        "content" : [
          "LITHIUM:updateAjaxFeedback",
          {}
        ]
      },
      {
        "action" : "html",
        "selector" : "ORIGINAL_FEEDBACK_ELEMENT",
        "content" : "<span id=\"feedback-error\"> <\/span>\n\n\t\n\t\t<div class=\"InfoMessage lia-panel-feedback-inline-alert lia-feedback-secondary-message lia-component-common-widget-feedback\" id=\"feedback_661b01980b7a7_16545\">\n\t\t\t<div role=\"alert\" class=\"lia-text\">\n\t\t\t\t\n\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t<p ng-non-bindable=\"\" tabindex=\"0\" role=\"error\">An Unexpected Error has occurred.<\/p>\n\t\t\t\t\n\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t<ul role=\"list\" id=\"list_661b01980b7a7_16545\" class=\"lia-list-standard\">\n\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<li>An Unexpected Error has occurred.<\/li>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\n<\/ul>\n\t\t\t\t\n\n\t\t\t\t\n\n\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t<\/div>\n\n\t\t\t\n\t\t<\/div>",
        "dependencies" : {
          "loadables" : [
            "/t5/scripts/F8E72B9AB45A5AA729DD5CBB6F4D7153/InformationBox.js"
          ],
          "instantiations" : "LITHIUM.InformationBox({\n  \"updateFeedbackEvent\" : \"LITHIUM:updateAjaxFeedback\",\n  \"componentSelector\" : \"#feedback_661b01980b7a7_16545\",\n  \"feedbackSelector\" : \".InfoMessage\"\n});",
          "renderedScripts" : [
            "",
            "InformationBox.js"
          ]
        }
      }
    ],
    "state" : "error",
    "parameters" : [ ],
    "status" : "success"
  }
}

Please fix your forums. They're ridicuolously laggy and slow anyway when loading between pages, but it's like I've been logged out mid-post here, and now all of my post information has been lost... so much for that "Autosave" function! Frown 

Message 1 of 6 (315 Views)

Re: Forums issue

★ Guide
Drop it in notepad if it's gonna be long. My guess is when you were logged out, it dumped all the temp files, including your autosave.

As to being automatically logged out, it hasn't happened to me yet, but it seems to happen a lot on origin.
Message 2 of 6 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Pages are still taking a while to load (using Google Chrome).

Still being logged out unnecessarily in the middle of using the forums... if there's a automatic logout timer, it doesn't work properly.

There's also no notification area to say people have replied to topics you've posted, or replied to... or anything to suggest that you've received experience beyond going into the top menu, then clicking profile... and then looking at the list to determine yourself if there are any new "notifications" in there.

Who designed these forums? Have they ever actually used forums before?

Message 3 of 6 (274 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep. These forums just don't work well at all on Google Chrome. Constantly being randomly logged out, messages don't post for some reason... it just cycles between "Preview" and then you Click "Submit" and it goes back to the "replypage" again.

Please for the love of god, fix these forums!

Message 4 of 6 (271 Views)

★ Guide
I get some emails, like when I get marked helpful.

I'm using microsoft edge, but when I was having problems making a purchase, the live agent told me to use chrome, and turned on 2FA.
Message 5 of 6 (258 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had to resort to Edge the other day, just to be able to make posts.

Emails aren't what I want... I've got two mailboxes as is, and those are often spammed daily with allsorts of similar stuff.

I just want notifications on the page, like when going into the Profile, I can see a list of recent things, whether I've been granted XP, or where I've posted... but nothing mentioning whether I've received replies to my posts, or been quoted (or @'d ). It's like the person who designed these forums for EA, has never seen or used Forums before....

It's baffling!

Message 6 of 6 (226 Views)