For your own good EA, re-add Czech language into Origin

by COKOLADOVY_PAREK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

For your own good EA, re-add Czech language into Origin

★★★ Novice

Hello,

since the new Origin client, Czech language is no longer avaliable as a opiton in settings and thats a big mistake from the EA side and they should fix this as soon as possible

For example Norwegian, Swedish, Finish - languages with less amount of users than Czech (I mean no insult - just a comparison),

and yes I talk about Czech language users and not Czech republic as a country, because I doubt that EA knows this in their HQ but the Czech language is also important for community from Slovakia because many users rather choose Czech than English since both Czech and Slovakian are very, very similar (when Czech and Slovak guys talk to each other, we can understand each other) , so overall EA removed language option from 16 millions of people

Every Origin rival (Steam, Uplay, League of Legends client, World of Tanks client etc.) has a Czech language  

If EA wants to keep up with them,  they need to re-add it czech language for their own good

Do yourself a favor EA and re-add Czech language into Origin 

Regards

Message 1 of 21 (2,203 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: For your own good EA, re-add Czech language into Origin

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@stromokocour

Sorry that we couldn't honor your request in this situation. The Czech language is still available within our games for you to enjoy, so hopefully that will give you the gaming experience that you are looking for.

In the meantime, we might still introduce the Czech language to the client again at some point in the future, though I don't have anything concrete to to share about that at the moment.

For now, I will mark this thread as resolved as I don't have any further information to add to the discussion. You are of course still free to leave your feedback in this thread.

View in thread

Message 14 of 21 (3,313 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@COKOLADOVY_PAREK

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question about the missing Czech language on the Origin client.

I don't have an immediate answer for you as to why this language option was removed. I will contact the Origin team to see if I can get this clarified for you.

Message 2 of 21 (2,166 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer, looking forward to see further progess

Message 3 of 21 (2,159 Views)

EA DICE Team

@stromokocour @COKOLADOVY_PAREK

We streamlined the available languages in the client to be aligned with the languages that are available on the Origin store.

This means that at this point in time I am not sure if we will be adding back other languages.

Message 4 of 21 (2,119 Views)

★★★ Novice

pretty much same, was looking forward to get Mass Effect:Adromeda, but I don't want to support such decisions from a world-wide company

I guess I should have jumped on the EA hate train instead giving them another chance, oh well

Message 5 of 21 (2,094 Views)

You have a second language I hope. We can't all rely on our mother language you know (English is not my mother tongue as well). Origin still has German and Russian language available... As I do recall my history lessons well, a part of Czechia spoke German, and not that long ago, there was heavy Russian influence...

Message 6 of 21 (2,087 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @COKOLADOVY_PAREK @stromokocour

We might still add further languages to the Origin client, but for now we are focusing on the existing languages.

It is worth noting that while the client might not have your language available, some of our games in-fact might. Right-click your game in Origin and select Game Properties -> Advanced Options for full language availability.

Message 7 of 21 (2,077 Views)

Oh, @Straatford87, I don't mind using English. I find it rather awful not to use the original language in a game or movie. I'm more a fan of subtitles, but as you can see, I can find my way around in English. Standard smile

As a matter of fact, I even like reading in English more then reading in my own language. A lot of interesting fantasy and SF books are written in English you know... Wink

Message 8 of 21 (2,072 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing

I've seen you posting so I was well aware of how much you enjoy English - I was pointing this out to you because I see that you like helping other players. Might be helpful to know where language settings for games can be found.

@stromokocour

I completely understand you. I just wanted to point out that while I cannot offer you Czech in the client, it should still be available in certain games.

Message 9 of 21 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I speak both English and German, but when I'm playing games I'm supposed to enjoy them, relief stress from real life etc. , not bother with translating

also besides this, its for security as well, my account was hacked this year and if I didn't have my client in Czech I would have god damn trouble protecting it

Majority of people uses English/other language at vacation and thats it, if they don't need it for job they don't need to be fluent in other language (its the case for every counter unless they have more languages spoken, like Canada with French + English, Belgium with Dutch and French etc.)

the market with video games is huge and people can choose what is best for them and of course people will rather choose their own language rathen than using software in foreign language 

the translation was already done for previous client, it wouldn't take that much effor to add the new parts 

German and Russian aren't as relevant as they used to be and the amount of speakers is low (especialy for younger generation who uses Origin)

(Yes, since medieval (mainly from 13th century) there has been a german community in Czechia, but vast majority of them (3 millions) were exiled from Czechia in the 1945 after the world war 2, some people speak German but mostly because of job

Until 1948 there wasn't Russian influence at all, but after that yes people were forced to learn Russian in school, however, that ended in 1989 and the generation which uses Origin is usually younger than that)

but I guess that the only option now is just to wait for HQ

also thanks @Straatford87 for your time, its good that this topic isn't ignored and the issue was pointed out

Message 10 of 21 (2,005 Views)