Re: For years

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

For years

★★★ Newbie

I've seen that, for years, EA Origin has required players to log in in order to play in offline mode; that is, to go into offline mode, when connected to the internet, in order to play without internet.  I do not know the EA Origin hierarchy, but I know whomever has been ticketed this question is reading it thinking the same thing everyone else thinks when asking this question.  Many of us wold like to play in offline mode while actually offline.  We can't always be near the internet, mostly I'm speaking for military members, but also for those that don't have permanent internet (yes, they're still out there).  Many will cite that Steam indeed has already applied an answer to this question on their platform.  Ironically, back in 08/09, I was afraid to even touch these types of platforms for that exact reason.  Who actually owns my games?  From what I know, the platform does, and that's ok, I guess.  It's ok If I am afforded the same rights as I usually am with a PC game.  You guys could cancel my subscription at anytime and my games would be gone forever, aside from the data on my computer.  I think it's a fair trade for offline play lol.  But honestly, many of us can't play offline.  I have been a big Sims fan, I liked 2k Football but they're gone in the mean time, and I was hesitant to get back into Madden.  The modding community helped me make the decision to purchase your title and things were smooth until it sent me in a sign-in loop while offline and I began my search to find other similar stories.  I hope someone pushes this up.  I don't know if your questions are being shot down by higher or you guys are getting pink slips lol, but it would really make a big difference.

Message 1 of 2 (191 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Origin is already available in offline mode @MMHARDCORE.

To set Origin to offline mode:

1. Start Origin, sign in, and be connected to the Internet.
  2. Put Origin in Offline Mode (click Origin and click on Go Offline or use Ctrl + Shift + W), you can tell that you are in offline mode if you see OFFLINE MODE in the top right in the window.
  3. Disconnect your computer from the Internet, and then close Origin (Right click the Origin icon on the taskbar and click Quit Origin or by clicking Origin on the menu bar and then Exit).
  4. Launch Origin or a game requiring Origin sign in (e.g., The Sims 4 or Dragon Age: Inquisition) and enter your password.
  5. If done correctly, you can start playing your Origin games without an Internet connection.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Origin is already available in offline mode @MMHARDCORE.

To set Origin to offline mode:

1. Start Origin, sign in, and be connected to the Internet.
  2. Put Origin in Offline Mode (click Origin and click on Go Offline or use Ctrl + Shift + W), you can tell that you are in offline mode if you see OFFLINE MODE in the top right in the window.
  3. Disconnect your computer from the Internet, and then close Origin (Right click the Origin icon on the taskbar and click Quit Origin or by clicking Origin on the menu bar and then Exit).
  4. Launch Origin or a game requiring Origin sign in (e.g., The Sims 4 or Dragon Age: Inquisition) and enter your password.
  5. If done correctly, you can start playing your Origin games without an Internet connection.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)