For those With Windows 8 and you're trying to play sims 2 Ultimate collection ...

by KoariMisuka

Original Post

For those With Windows 8 and you're trying to play sims 2 Ultimate collection ...

★★★★ Novice

Unistall it . Unless you're willing to risk your computer and how it renders apps , games , ect and download a completely different Graphics card ( Which you WILL have to do if you want to play .. ) just unistall cause its a waste of time . EA seems to not give a damn on top of that because they haven't even covered or bothered to investigate the issue . .. ( F*ck you too EA ... ) . Aside from that , You will need different graphics card to play . Apparently intel .... well basically anything that isn't GeForce , The game will continuously crash ragrdless your settings or compatibility changes . 

The Questionable Geoforce Graphic cards are

GeForce G100

GeForce 210

GeForce GTX 295

GeForce 310

GeForce 9400

GeForce 7600

GeForce 6800

GeForce 6600

GeForce 5900 

As you can see Here 

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:System_Requirements/MTS2_Recommendations

Unless you are willing to Change your graphics card , Forget it and free up that space . 

Message 1 of 4 (551 Views)

Re: For those With Windows 8 and you're trying to play sims 2 Ultimate collection ...

★★★ Newbie

I Have a laptop with intel HD graphics.

I still cant get it to work.

Message 2 of 4 (533 Views)

Re: For those With Windows 8 and you're trying to play sims 2 Ultimate collection ...

★★★★ Novice

I think its just windows 8 and Some windows 7s in general .

@Paramalic wrote:

I Have a laptop with intel HD graphics.

I still cant get it to work.

Message 3 of 4 (492 Views)

★★ Novice

There is a fix for crashes on the game, it's a problem with Integrated Graphics, if you have a NVIDIA there's a solution :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uBWrF6wmU

When you are in "Manage 3D settings" thing, and if you can't find the Ultimate Collection shortcut, click on "Add" (in the right side of the list) and go in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin

You will find an application named "Sims2EP9.exe", choose this application and then keep following the tutorial Standard smile

So no need to change you Graphic cards.

Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)