Finding login history to check for unauthorized access

by minimanmaw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Finding login history to check for unauthorized access

★ Novice

Recently, I logged into Origin, and it said that my account was logged in at another computer. Once I launched Titanfall 2 I noticed that my multiplayer stats, unlocks, and levels were all different as if someone was using my account.

I've changed my password, security question, and enabled two factor authentication. Is there a way to find the login history for this account to see if someone else was actually logged in or if this was simply a glitch on Titanfall 2's side?

Message 1 of 11 (55,594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Finding login history to check for unauthorized access

Community Manager

@minimanmaw Unfortunately this isn't something that you can look at on your end. If you're concerned about account security there are a few things that you can do. 

To start with it's worth running a malware scan if you don't do so regularly already. 

You can also change your linked email/password. Also, be sure to change the login details for any of other accounts that share the same credentials. 

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/how-to-change-your-origin-id/

You may also want to enable 2-factor authentication on your account to add more security: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (58,379 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@minimanmaw Unfortunately this isn't something that you can look at on your end. If you're concerned about account security there are a few things that you can do. 

To start with it's worth running a malware scan if you don't do so regularly already. 

You can also change your linked email/password. Also, be sure to change the login details for any of other accounts that share the same credentials. 

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/how-to-change-your-origin-id/

You may also want to enable 2-factor authentication on your account to add more security: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (58,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have not had my Origin account for one month yet and someone other than myself signed into it. If personal devices were compromised they would have credentials from that other than Origin. That means the compromise happened on the service side meaning EA. Your company is a target for this because you require people to create account they do not desire to play EA branded video games. So criminals target these accounts because they know people simply do not pay attention to them. The reason they target them is to intercept a password that might be used with other more valuable accounts such as the email being used with the account. 

Message 3 of 11 (50,279 Views)

★★ Novice

You guys might want to take a look at that security of yours, I have email authentication AND 2FA on, and YET people have managed to log into my account, what kind of botched security do you all have?

Message 4 of 11 (37,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@MidoriYukihaA couple years ago someone from a Russian IP address kept gaining access to my origin account, when I don't even use the account. Even after changing all passwords to both origin and my email, they still managed to gain access to my account. The security vulnerability is EA-server side. Since then I've secured my account with 2 factor authentication, but at least once every other week, someone from Russia attempts to gain access to my account. Seriously EA, get your server-security 5hit together

Message 5 of 11 (37,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's extremely difficult for there to be a security problem on my end when one computer can't connect to the internet without a lan cable and the other isn't even on. Just today, some Russian speaker tried to access my account. Twice. Frankly, I consider it fortuitous that 2FA with my phone is a possibility, or else I may have found Novgorod among my trusted devices alongside whoever the hell is in Memphis, Tennessee.

These things really should be accessible to the account holder. That they aren't speaks more of EA's greed as a company than of its attempts at customer retention, of which I can list absolutely none.

Message 6 of 11 (36,904 Views)

★★★ Novice

For months I've had someone attempt to login to my account, I think from a Russian IP as I get a text from "verify" with my authorisation code in Russian. I've changed my password multiple times but they keep doing this. I have 2 step verification on. EA need to sort this as i'm SO fed up and so worried i'm going to lose access to games linked with my account. 

Message 7 of 11 (33,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just been hacked too. Only on my EA account and this happened (i am positively sure about it) because i have Origin Access Premiere.
I have never ever played a soccer game in my life, and yet someone has now been playing fifa 20 in 35 hours since christmas day on my premiere account. I just arrived home now - away from my computer since december 23rd.!! 

DId change all and have activated two-factor login but the password and account was compromised from your end. Please do start to acknowledge this.

Message 8 of 11 (33,231 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David Ub has login histroy checking, EA sucks
Message 9 of 11 (26,439 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_David can you please check my log in IP addresses as i got sent an email saying i got banned for cheating on a game i have not played or even logged into for several days!!! this is the second time the exact thing has happened even after changing all my passwords and everything. please look into this and help me out as i have put a lot of time and money into the games and skins/dlc
Message 10 of 11 (6,450 Views)