Re: Fifa20 Verification email incorrect - can't get in touch with EA Support

by Mchen1982

Original Post

Fifa20 Verification email incorrect - can't get in touch with EA Support

★★★ Newbie

I've bought Fifa and launched the game. As soon as the game loads and it tries to connect to the EA servers it says I need to verify my account. The email address to send the verification code to is not mine and looks very suspicious. 

There is no way of entering your correct details. 

I have searched solutions on this forum and tried to link my PSN account to my EA account on a web browser by logging in to my EA account using PSN credentials however, I have the same issue where it requires verification and has the wrong email to send the code to.

The EA support/help page says the support hours have changed but I can't get in touch even during the new hours as there is no option for live chat or to call. 

Please can you advise what to do? I cannot play the game and am worried I've been hacked. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 17 (859 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, i have same problem with my fifa 19,try to cantact them but with no answer yet. EA support does not do a great job.very disappointment with them

Message 2 of 17 (846 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kippaxwhite and @Mchen1982 if you no longer have access to the email on the account then the best thing to do is take a look at this help article and fill out the account recovery form: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 17 (816 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I have tried all those things and it isn't working. The email address it is trying to send verification codes is a very suspiscious looking one that has no relation to me. I have also tried to connect my PSN account to my EA Account via the login page on the EA website and it is asking me to do the same verification using the same incorrect email address. My email addresses on my EA account and PSN account are correct so I have no idea where this incorrect email address is coming from. Please can you help? None of the steps on the link you have sent me work.
Message 4 of 17 (803 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kippaxwhite did you fill out the account recovery form I linked in my post above?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 17 (800 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey Darko.  I don't think you understand our question. I did try every thing so far.  when I try to do verification process then it's comes with wrong email address not mine email. it's just as simple as one of EA game advise can charge this back to our own email address to do verification.

this is about ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. 

then I follow the contact us process open the 3 case now in last week. NO ONE DOES EMAIL YOU OR  CALL YOU TO DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE

Message 6 of 17 (792 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I can log into my EA account on a web browser. What I can't do is log into it from my PS4 when on Fifa or when trying to link my PSN account to my EA account online. Do you still need me to fill out the form?
Message 7 of 17 (791 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kippaxwhite and @Mchen1982 the best thing to do is to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your account and advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 17 (789 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

for a week now NO ONE CALL ME

Message 9 of 17 (788 Views)

★★★ Novice

I follow the all steps and cannot going to live chat. it said WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU on the phone

Message 10 of 17 (778 Views)