Fifa 13 PC - Crashes just before language selection

by ManiFalco

Original Post

Fifa 13 PC - Crashes just before language selection

★★★ Novice

I've tried: 

- Reinstalling the game

- Tweaking Windows settings (DEP, Windows Media Player, and a few others I can't remember)

- Compatibility modes

Are there any other fixes? Or, is there a fix at all? My system is well equipped to deal with a 6 year old game, and it was working perfectly fine up until a few months ago when I finished a career mode campaign and took a break. It suddenly does not get past Language Selection. It will display < English > but with no flag then crash.

Any solutions?

I have 947 hours into the game according to Origin so would like to get it past 1000 eventually. 

Message 1 of 20 (7,758 Views)

Re: Fifa 13 PC - Crashes just before language selection

Community Manager

@ManiFalco Hi, can I check what language your OS is using? The absent language content suggests that language/alphabet mixups could be a problem. If it isn't already, can you try setting your OS language to US English and see if this has any effect.

Can you post your dxdiag? As you say your system should be up to the task, but it may help anyway. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 20 (7,605 Views)

★★★ Novice

My language setting is set to English (Australia). I just tried it with English (United States) and same thing happened; crashed during the Messi screen. I'll attach my DxDiag to this post. 

Message 3 of 20 (7,593 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for checking that. Australian English isn't likely to be a problem, we only really see the strangeness when there's a non-latin alphabet, or one that uses modified (from the "default" of American English) latin characters.

The next step is a bit unintuitive, but can you try an uninstall and reinstall of Origin? We've seen issues with in-game text in the past when Origin itself had issues. 

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/download

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 20 (7,577 Views)

★★★ Novice

Reinstalling Origin did not work either, unfortunately. I'm beginning to think it's an issue with my CPU, as AMD has stated they are not updating their drivers to support older games that run on Direct X9 and X10. 

Message 5 of 20 (7,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Lack of support for old games can lead to weird situations alright, but I don't often see these having issues with the CPU. Do you meant the GPU? Also the game isn't that old, I know most games from 2012 still run perfectly fine. 

Can you try a quick Clean Boot in case that helps? It's unlikely that there's a program conflicting in this manner, but it's not impossible.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 20 (7,544 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm using a nvidia chipset for my GPU, which was working fine when I was running my old AM3 6300 Black system. Upgraded the 970 to a B350 as well. After installing the B350 and Ryzen 5 1600 I tried to play Fifa 13 a few weeks after and it was causing the aforementioned problem in my original post. 

Clean booting didn't solve it, either. The only thing that has changed is the motherboard and cpu. Should I attach my InstallLog from .../__installer?

Message 7 of 20 (7,531 Views)

Community Manager

Can you use the GTX 1060 as your GPU? I was able to test the game on a 1060 here and I had no issues starting the game. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 20 (7,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Would be interested to know if there are any updates to this. I'm having exactly the same problem. I suspect the latest Windows 10 update has something to do with it, but I'm not sure what.

Message 9 of 20 (7,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

Weird, I never got a notification for this response.

How would I set my 1060 as the default? It's the only output my monitors are plugged into. 

Message 10 of 20 (7,361 Views)