Re: FIFA 18 simply won't launch - Does Cloud Sync then goes right back to Origin

by twoorb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 18 simply won't launch - Does Cloud Sync then goes right back to Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi all 

New to Origin.  I'm on a nearly totally mint/fresh new Windows 10 Pro install here.

I took advantage of the big sale and grabbed FIFA 18, installed Origin, downloaded FIFA fully and tried to play it.

When I do, it brings up the cloud save/sync progress dialog, which appears to go to 100% and then it tries to launch the game (I think - nothing on screen to indicate either way) and just goes back to Origin in a way that feels like it tried and failed.

I double checked and all the runtime versions and .net and all that is installed correctly (looks like the EA Origin/FIFA install did all that on its own) and I even deleted and reinstalled the game now - same issue.

I'm not getting any errors or really anything to even hint at what the issue might be.  You hit Play - and it never loads the game and provides no feedback at all.

I should note that I have a couple Steam games installed and X-Plane 11 and there are no issues there - everything works fine.  Origin and FIFA are alone here as "problems" for some reason.

I'm on a 8700 (non K), 16GB 2400 RAM, RX 580 8GB, 1TB NvME SSD, all on a totally clean and activated Win 10 Pro install- really shouldn't be having any issue at all

Anyone have any idea what I could/should do or try?

I'm totally mystified as to how to even attempt support through EA or Origin here and really am just about ready to try to get a refund/chargeback on my VISA at this point as I'm so frustrated.

Thanks for any thoughts. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIFA 18 simply won't launch - Does Cloud Sync then goes right back to Origin

Community Manager

@twoorb

Can you confirm your game has been refunded at this time please?

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,050 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I uploaded a video of what it looks like here:

https://streamable.com/799pu
Message 2 of 6 (992 Views)

Community Manager

@twoorb

Have you been able to play now, since the download and game install should have fully completed?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 6 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi Barry

I ended up getting on a support call which ended in an email suggesting a variety of CCLeaner actions and ultimately completely wiping and reinstalling both FIFA (again) and Origin as well.

After reinstalling Origin and FIFA, I was able to get the game to run once..

Once I quit and came back, I am now back at the same problem I was before.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

I tried to setup another call yesterday afternoon to see if they'd be kind enough to simply refund me and I could move on, but I wasn't ever able to get another support call to connect (the website just kept spinning and grinding on "wait while we set up your call, don't close this page, etc".

You have any idea another way ask for something like that?

I have a totally up to date and clean system.  No clue what's going on, but just totally exhausted with spending my time on this at this point.

Message 4 of 6 (929 Views)

Community Manager

@twoorb

Can you confirm your game has been refunded at this time please?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game was refunded - never got it to work right sadly

Message 6 of 6 (868 Views)