Re: Extremely slow Downloads

by TheSimlishJoe

Original Post

Extremely slow Downloads

★★★ Newbie

Around 1 month ago i downloaded Mass effect 3 to  play before andromeda came out.. the game downloaded at 500kbps, i have fiber and average around 19mbps through origin (usually) and roughly the same with steam. 

I palmed it off as a one off, yesterday morning i started to download andromeda, it is downloading at between 80-500kpbs, youtube runs fine, i paused the download and checked steam, that downloads at around the 15mbps mark, and torrents are going at roughly 9mbps. 

I stopped everything else, disconnected all other users from the router and still the same slow speeds, i even tried forwarding all the recommended ports. 

I have changed nothing from before when origin was fast, now its complete trash.. i have to go to my mates and copy the games to a usb and transfer them, then still spend 2hrs getting a 1gb patch, meanwhile i have fiber and all other platforms are downloading at 15mbps+

Message 1 of 2 (322 Views)

Re: Extremely slow Downloads

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Unfortunately, you can have the top of the line PCs and you would still have this problem. The problem is worse on older PCs and Laptops. All I can say is the more storage space available on your PC, the faster it will go. Also make sure that you have a good and stable internet connection! The download times have actually gotten better in the past few years. When I got the Sims 4: Deluxe Edition around 1-2 years ago, it took over 4-9 hours. I also had to keep clicking the screen since it went into sleep mode after a few minutes. But don't worry! EA and Origin are always trying and improving their software download speeds! And yes, it can get annoying if a new update brings slower speeds.
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)