Re: Expansion Packs Missing From Sims 3 Launcher

by LadyDaisyDew

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Expansion Packs Missing From Sims 3 Launcher

★ Guide

I logged into Origin today to play Sims 3 only to find all my Expansion Packs missing from my game Launcher under Expansions & Stuff again today. My expansions keep going missing in game and I just uninstalled and reinstalled all of them. They either just go Missing or are not checked and I have to re-check them all under Active. When I launch Sims 3 they are not showing up under Expansions but they are showing up on Origin under My Games. I am able to Repair Sims 3 and all my Expansion Packs but after doing so they still will not show up when I launch Sims 3. They were all there yesterday and working and now today poof just gone? Does anyone know why and what is going on? I have tried to search for an answer but I'm not finding what I am looking for. All my Expansion Packs are showing up in Origin just not in game when I launch Sims 3. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am tired of uninstalling and reinstalling just to get them back into my Sims 3 launcher again.  It's very time consuming and frustrating when I have to keep reinstalling Expansion Packs over and over again just to get them to show up in game.   Yes my game and Origin are all up to date and no, no mods are installed. 

Message 1 of 30 (26,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

You are one of many hundreds of thousands having this issue with EA/Origin.  Someone needs to take them to court.  I can't get games downloaded I've PAID for....

View in thread

Message 8 of 30 (24,659 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@mrstragicclown Hi,

Let's try this step here first as suggested by crinrict: Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling

If that does not work, please uninstall the game once more and then reinstall the game via the Origin Client. Next right click the Sims 3 game tile in the Origin "My Games" library and select "View Game Details". Now scroll down and find your expansion packs that you would like to install.

Let us know how you are getting on then.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 30 (26,300 Views)

★ Guide

Hi EA_Niles.

EA_Niles. All my Expansions are listed on my Origin under Game Details. It's The Sims  3 Launcher under expansions & Stuff that wasn't listing them. Not sure why exactly but all my expansions from the launcher vanished when my son was downloading a Star Wars game on Origin. right after rebooting they all reappeared in game?? Just very strange. If this happens again I will try using the Factory Reset as you have suggested and thank you!

Message 3 of 30 (26,296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mrstragicclown hey there

You can try a repair game. Do so by going to your game in My Games, right clicking on the game and choose "repair game." 

Message 4 of 30 (26,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. None of my expansion packs are listed in the TS3 launcher (on the "Expansions and Stuff" tab). When I click "Install packs, it shows all of them already installed in Origin. I tried restarting my computer, but to no avail. I tried to go to my Origin Games Library and right-clicked on TS3, but the "Repair Game" option was greyed out. This is crazy annoying. I've spent a lot of money on all these EPs, I've played them before without any problems. I can see them in Origin, but they won't show up in the TS3 launcher.

Message 5 of 30 (26,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@kellrai

Are you logged in with the same account details on the launcher? Are you starting the launcher via Origin? Note that I checked up on the account that you are posting with--it has no visible games.

It seems like there might be some confusion regarding your account details so I would suggest to reach out to an EA Advisor via EA Help. Make sure that you select your country of residence in the upper left corner when setting up your contact.

Message 6 of 30 (26,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin doesn't have a place to reinstall or download games people have already paid for.  It's all a scam and a joke.  Thousands and Thousands of people are having this issue and EA/Origin keeps telling everyone to reprogram their computers or their game.   Instead of simply fixing the Origin site.  I hope to see you people sued big time one day for this and exposed in the Media.

Message 7 of 30 (24,661 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are one of many hundreds of thousands having this issue with EA/Origin.  Someone needs to take them to court.  I can't get games downloaded I've PAID for....

Message 8 of 30 (24,660 Views)

★★ Novice

Worse they told me to go back to the original retailer I bought sims 3 from and ask them why it's not working....

EA I purchased some packs from you and they are not working!

Message 9 of 30 (16,026 Views)

@kittiekatjack  Can you be more specific about what isn't working?  Which packs don't show up, which ones do, where did you buy each of them, etc.  It would also help to know what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 30 (16,008 Views)