Re: Every time I play Dragon Age Inquisition, Origins Access resets my password.

by Valadenthys

Original Post

Every time I play Dragon Age Inquisition, Origins Access resets my password.

★★ Novice

For reasons beyond me, every time I play Dragon Age: Inquisition (and only Inquisition) Origins Access resets my password. This has been happening off and on for a month. I can play other games without any problems. I recently played the Mass effect trilogy for two or three weeks with no issues. But today, I played Inquisition for about five minutes, then exited the game. Within an hour, Origins had reset my password.

The issue is not on my end. My security settings are fine, as the system allows me to literally play every other game in my library without issue. But this is damned annoying and your chat bots are no help. Please fix this.  

Message 1 of 8 (504 Views)

Re: Every time I play Dragon Age Inquisition, Origins Access resets my password.

★ Guide
I don't think they are bots, but they are certainly working from a script. There is actually another thread with this exact issue, I'll try to track it down, then post it here.
Message 2 of 8 (479 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I would appreciate it!

Message 3 of 8 (476 Views)

★ Guide
Sadly, I didn't find the specific DRAGON AGE thread, but I did find this one, with responses from Darko:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/STOP-EXPIRING-MY-LOGIN-CREDENTIALS-IN-THE-MIDDLE-OF-A...

It's a shame, because the other thread was specifically about Inquisition. I don't know if it got removed, moved, or just isn't showing up in my searches.
Message 4 of 8 (473 Views)

★★ Novice

No worries, I appreciate you finding this thread for me. Looks like I'm not the only person having this trouble. 

Thanks for your help!!

Message 5 of 8 (470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Please post back if Darko's instructions work, it's always good to have a fix on the front page of posts.

Additionally, there seem to be some system wide hiccups. Could be that?

Message 6 of 8 (456 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. I've tried 2FA, I've followed every instruction I can find. Without fail, within an hour of playing DAI, my password is reset. 

Message 7 of 8 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is a known issue by those who play DA:I, multiple threads about this have been posted, but so far we haven't gotten a solution from EA. This used to happen to me whenever a paused the game for too long to do something else, and when I came back it reset my pass.Every. Time.

Now whenever I gonna do something else that I know it will take me more than 5 minutes, I close the game entirely and ever since then I haven't had this issue again.

EDIT: Apparently they're working on it, as EA_Atashi said in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Origin-Keeps-Resetting-My-Password/m-p/7498796#M31107...

Message 8 of 8 (375 Views)