Re: Every game that Origin downloads will refuse to install.

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Every game that Origin downloads will refuse to install.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a lot of games installed through Origin, however, recently, many of my games refused to download through Origin.  Every game that has behaved like this was activated with a key, all my physical disc games installed with no issues.  The issues range from the DirectX redistributable package not installing correctly, and other issues where the install bar just hangs with a blue striped scrolling image.  If I get that, then it stays like that until I restart my entire computer.

Currently, almost every Humble Bundle game has behaved like this with the exception of Mirror's Edge, my recently purchased Need for Speed: The Run and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) acts like this, and Battlefield 1942 acts like this.  I've looked for solutions all over Answer HQ and the internet, and nothing has helped.  Do I need to reinstall Origin at this point, and what will I lose if I do so?

Further details: While this is happening, the following things happen...

• I can NOT log out of Origin through the client.
  • I can NOT stop the Install
  • The install will NOT stop
  • If I X out of the client, the install apparently still happens
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLUx6qhSQSw is the best way to describe what is happening, but it stays in that state forever instead of a couple minutes.
  • I can NOT delete the source files
  • The only solution to stop the install is to reboot my entire computer.
  • I CAN access other games while this happens that have installed properly.
Message 1 of 6 (606 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Ok, I managed to fix it!  I'm posting this here in hopes that others might be helped by this.

First off, I was running Windows 8 running Origin in Compatibility mode for Windows 7.  Turn off Compatibility mode, then what I did was go into the source files (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed the Run\__Installer) (Most Origin games have similar paths).  Then, I went in and deleted every single CAB file in there.

After that, I returned to Origin and the game installed in a flash.  Hope this helps Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (588 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Ok, I managed to fix it!  I'm posting this here in hopes that others might be helped by this.

First off, I was running Windows 8 running Origin in Compatibility mode for Windows 7.  Turn off Compatibility mode, then what I did was go into the source files (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed the Run\__Installer) (Most Origin games have similar paths).  Then, I went in and deleted every single CAB file in there.

After that, I returned to Origin and the game installed in a flash.  Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a different problem. I bought the installable games that are downloaded. I have moved and have no internet. How can I get the discs from EA for the games I've already purchased. I don't want to lose them.

Message 3 of 6 (537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded and installed Mass Effect 1 but when I click to play it, nothing ever shows up. What can i do to fix this?

Message 4 of 6 (504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the exact same problem. Same game as well

Message 5 of 6 (407 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Arsnicd wrote:

Im having the exact same problem. Same game as well

@Arsnicd Hi,

Which game is not letting you install? Do you see any error messages? 

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting that was mentioned so far?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 6 (404 Views)