Re: Error message keeps popping up when trying to log in to Origin from desktop

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Error message keeps popping up when trying to log in to Origin from desktop

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I have had the same error message appear numerous times this evening whilst trying to log into my Origin account from both my desktop and Start menu.

The pop up box states Origin.exe - Bad Image and says:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Qt5Sql.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Another box then appears prompting me to download Origin again and, when I attempted this, it said that I already have the version and would I like to re-install. I really do not want to lose the games I have registered on this account so cancelled this option but wondered whether this is a common error and something that can easily be fixed without losing any data?

I am still able to play the games registered to this account that are on my desktop, but apparently cannot play them through Origin itself at the moment.

I am seemingly hoping too much to see The Sims 4 Create a Sim demo appear in 'My Games' list that I now cannot access Origin at all Wink 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (808 Views)

EA Staff

Could you please uninstall and reinstall Origin? Please note that reinstalling Origin will not cause you to lose your game installations.

Message 2 of 6 (803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have tried this since i had the same problem and the same message is still popping up 

Message 3 of 6 (706 Views)

★★★ Expert

Okay, can you please Post your DXDIAG report.

I want to be sure you have the updates you need and, make sure you get the version of Origin you need for your computer.

Message 4 of 6 (695 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem. I deleted Origin and tried to re-download the app... the same message popped up!

Message 5 of 6 (438 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KarlenKnospe I'm locking this thread as it is 6 years old.

If having an issue please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (403 Views)