Re: Error codes: 16:-1

by NamelessHenchman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error codes: 16:-1

★ Apprentice

I uninstalled origins and tried to reinstall it but it's not worked didn't even reinstall. What now?

Message 1 of 15 (22,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

Origin does like things to be up to date so, make sure your operating system and graphics drivers are up to date. If you need help with that, please Post your DXDIAG report.

Sometime programs on your computer can prevent Origin from connecting to the internet, and that can include downloading the installer.

Disable your anti virus and firewall, then see if you can Download Origin Here.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (25,883 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Origin does like things to be up to date so, make sure your operating system and graphics drivers are up to date. If you need help with that, please Post your DXDIAG report.

Sometime programs on your computer can prevent Origin from connecting to the internet, and that can include downloading the installer.

Disable your anti virus and firewall, then see if you can Download Origin Here.

Message 2 of 15 (25,884 Views)

★★ Novice

I fixed mine, with a re-install of windows.

This is insane! I've been wanting to reformat my machine for a while now.. this gave me the final excuse to do it. However; why the hell would we need to do such a thing to make this work?

Message 3 of 15 (21,983 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is a very valid complaint. I see Origin as being no help at all. I am sorry I invsted so much money in a useless company. their help and product quality is very lacking.

Message 4 of 15 (16,485 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As of late I have been getting Error codes: 16:-1 and 9 with every update. My Drivers and OS are up to date... EA/Origin needs to get it together of face losing customers.  Angry

Message 5 of 15 (16,372 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same thing. I feel cheated that I cannot play the games that I purchased. Tried everything and no help from Origin whatsoever!!

Message 6 of 15 (16,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the same issue. With no help from EA at all, I found that this solved the problem:

1. Uninstall Origin

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\Origin

3. Download the installer

4. Install the Origin Client

Message 7 of 15 (13,800 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much.
Message 8 of 15 (10,369 Views)

★★ Guide
@Petchr I couldn't delete the Origin folder - It wanted Admin access!!!! I am the only Admin?? What a crap platform. Don't have this trouble from Steam or Battlenet......
Message 9 of 15 (9,402 Views)

★★ Guide

This was the result of an Origin Update. Happens all the time. Seems Origin can never update itself smoothly........

I couldn't delete the Origin folder as described in this troubleshooting link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/install-origin/

as it was asking for Admin privileges? (I am the Admin)

I had to boot Win 7 into safe mode to delete the Origin folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin )

Then I could reinstall it

hope this helps someone Angel

Message 10 of 15 (9,374 Views)