Re: Error code [ref. #10049] / 10048

by pulp_friction

Original Post

Error code [ref. #10049] / 10048

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to buy a game.

Simcity Standard edition.

However, when using card, I recieved the error code [ref. #10049]

I read some suggestions, and then switched to paypal, to which I recieved the error code [ref. #10048]

Help.

Message 1 of 8 (2,287 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I would contact EA...  http://help.ea.com/en/
Pick the device you need help with.
Select the topic your problem falls under, and provide some more information on the issue.
Select 'Live Chat' or 'Call Me' depending on what is available, and what you would prefer.
If you can use call me as it has always been fast when I had to use it.

Or use this

You can contact EA here: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 2 of 8 (2,259 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This IS NOT solved.

Message 3 of 8 (2,007 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did you contact EA? And I removed the solution on it as it is not solved yet. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im also having this error code already contacted ea on origins and still nothing. There are so many ppl having this issue u would think it would be fixed by now. EA FIX YOUR BORKEN PAYMENT METHOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 8 (1,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@seriousowls wrote:

I've been trying to buy a game.

Simcity Standard edition.

However, when using card, I recieved the error code [ref. #10049]

I read some suggestions, and then switched to paypal, to which I recieved the error code [ref. #10048]

Help.

im also having this error code already contacted ea on origins and still nothing. There are so many ppl having this issue u would think it would be fixed by now. EA FIX YOUR BORKEN PAYMENT METHOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 8 (1,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem.  EA is acutely aware that their payment method is broken but apparently doesn't give a damn.  When I asked the EA telephone rep how this problem has persisted for as long as it has (2 years), he told me there was no problem except "users putting in bad payment information" -- this after we'd confirmed that the information I'd provided for BOTH payment methods was 100% correct.  The worst experience with an online retailer in my life.  

Message 7 of 8 (1,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

yea its horse **bleep** how do they even make money if they dont care ive tried 3 different payment methods all witch have thousands of dollars on and keeps getting denied gg EA/Origins Atleast the the guy that called me was nice and bull shitted while he was waiting on a higher rep nice guy.

Message 8 of 8 (1,503 Views)