Error Downloading the Sims3 and Sims4 onto my PC

by dazzlequeen3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error Downloading the Sims3 and Sims4 onto my PC

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to download my Sims3 and Sims4 Games to my PC, but everytime I try it says preparing download then says We've Encountered A Problem An unexpected error has occured. please try again in a few moments. Error: 196613:200 Can anyone help me figure out what this means and how to fix it, this has been going on for a week.

Message 1 of 8 (442 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Downloading the Sims3 and Sims4 onto my PC

★★★ Newbie

I finally realized what the problem was when I tried to make sure the JAVA was updated.  With Windows 10, my computer kept trying to use Microsoft Edge (which does not support JAVA).  I had not realized this as the icon for Microsoft Edge looks so similar to that of Windows Explorer.  I opened up Windows Explorer and cleared the History Cache and that resolved the issue.  

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (392 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Make sure you are running Origin as Administrator and, that User Account Controls are off.

Message 2 of 8 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I suspect the EA or Origin servers are having issues.  I've never had this much trouble trying to log in before.  I can log in the exchange but not from the game launch console.  Hopefully they will have this fixed soon.

Message 3 of 8 (421 Views)

Community Manager

@SMP8705 @dazzlequeen3 Hi you two,

Were you able to resolve this or are you still experiencing this issue at this time?

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to assist you.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 8 (393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally realized what the problem was when I tried to make sure the JAVA was updated.  With Windows 10, my computer kept trying to use Microsoft Edge (which does not support JAVA).  I had not realized this as the icon for Microsoft Edge looks so similar to that of Windows Explorer.  I opened up Windows Explorer and cleared the History Cache and that resolved the issue.  

Message 5 of 8 (393 Views)

Community Manager

@SMP8705 Ah, thanks for the clarification and instructions. Hopefully @dazzlequeen3 will be able to resolve it as well, following your advice.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 8 (375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 7 of 8 (365 Views)

Community Manager

@SMP8705 Thank you for letting us know what the solution was for you ultimately, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 8 (352 Views)